Chpt. 11

Friday, 12th of January, 2018

--> Liz’ Chapter <--

He asked me. The cutest and hottest boy in the university asked me on a date. And it was tonight. I didn’t know what we were about to do or where he would take me but in Belgium, you don’t have a lot of possibilities like for example Australia, where Katherine lived right now.

I had agreed with my friends that I would video chat with all of them 1 hour before the actual date happened.

He would pick me up at 7pm and I knew that I would stand there, trembling on my legs, making a total fool out of myself.

Breathe, Liz, breathe.

It was currently 2pm and I thought it was a good idea to eat something small, so that I wouldn’t faint in the middle of the movie or anything.

You don’t know what you are going to do, Liz.

I have to say, I was kind of a control freak. I like to know everything that was about to happen and to be prepared for that.

Not this time.

So I trotted downstairs and made myself some noodles. While I was waiting for the microwave to give a “ting!”, I checked my phone.

From: Ella

We still on for tonight? X

I typed a quick reply, saying “yes of course!”. The noodles were ready and I took them out of the microwave.

This was heaven.

Okay, okay, okay, okay.

My nerves got the best of me and I had promised myself that I wouldn’t start preparing for the date before 4pm, but it was 3pm and I couldn’t hold myself anymore.

I went to the bathroom and filled the bath tub with hot bubbly water. I put on the radio and smiled when I noticed that a One Direction song from 5 years ago was on, “Little Things”. I really loved this song, it made me feel good about myself and confident.

I won’t let these little things slip out of my mouth

“Liz?” What? Why was my sister home? I thought she had left earlier?

“Holly? What are you doing here?” I asked, while washing my hair.

Shit, some soap got into my eyes and it stung.

“Fuck!” I yelled.

“Everything okay in there? I did leave, but I forgot my phone in my room! Good luck on that date!” And she was gone.

Holly was 20 and had a boyfriend of 2 years who worked at the same place as her, at Aberforth Publishing.

I sighed, trying to get the soap out. I emptied the bath tub and got out, putting on joggings. I checked my watch and saw it was 4.30pm.

I ran to my room and opened the doors to my wardrobe. I walked in (yes I had a walk-in wardrobe) and searched for my perfect dress, the dark green one. Found it!

I put it on and watched myself in the mirror.

Gosh, I really needed that styling iron. I plugged it in and started styling my hair. It wasn’t that long, but long enough for my liking. I put it into  bun afterwards.

I also put on mascara, eyeliner, light eye shadow and a little bit of lip gloss. Done! I only needed shoes now. I grabbed nude heels that once belonged to my sister. I also put a nude blazer on that matched the shoes.