Chapter 26

When you returned to the office the screens above displayed three categories. New York had the Space, Mind and Time stones listed beneath it. Asguard had the Aether listed under it. Morag and Vormir had the Piwer and Soul stones listed under it.

"All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot." Steve stated as you all looked to the screens, studying the locations and objectives as well as being given your teams and missions. "It's time to suit up"

You all moved to put your suits on before meeting up and walking onto the quantum tunnel platform together.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves." Steve started his speech, you and Pietro looking to each other, holding hands as your minds wandered to your triplet who had been turned to dust five years ago.

"Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Steve gave his speech before looking to Tony with a nod. "Whatever it takes. Good luck." Steve steps back to his position, the rest of you falling back as well.

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket commented on the speech.

"Right?" Scott agreed.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony called over to Bruce who was setting up the machine.

"Tractors engaged." Bruce reported while Pietro held the shrunken ship belonging to the guardians in his palm.

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket asked sternly.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll do my best." Pietro told him with a quick smile at the end. You shook your head at your brothers promise with a slight chuckle.

"As promises go, that was pretty lame." Rocket said.

"See you in a minute." Natasha smiled excitedly looking to Steve then you. A moment later a helmet was shut around your head and you were pulled into the colourful world of the quantum realm.

Morag 2014

"Alright. Bring it down low. Right on that line. That's it. Down, down." Rhode instructed Nebula as the small pod was being landed off the larger ship.

"Hey, can we hurry it up?" Pietro asked, watching as you kicked away a lizard with disgust.

"Guys, chop-chop. Come on. We're on a clock." You added playfully with an eager smile.

"All that, is really helpful." Rhode called back mockingly. Nebula got off of the ship and Clint walked towards you and your brother.

"Take care, okay?" Clint told you both, pulling you in for a hug before going off with Nebula and Rhode.

"Yeah."

"Take that stone and come back. No messing around." He reminded again with worry and sternness.

"Hey. You got this." Rhode told you both. "Let's get it done." He added.

"Yes, sir." Pietro saluted, walking onto the ship with you right behind him.

"See you back." You called over to your father figure.

"You guys watch each other's six." He warned, you waving and smiling in return.

"It's a long way from hydra" Pietro commented, the ship flying through space once again while you laughed at your brothers comment.

"I just wish Wanda was here to see this" you told him.

Vormir 2014

"Wow– Under different circumstances, this would be totally awesome." Pietro looks out at the planet in awe upon landing.

"Let's get moving" you prompted, leading the two of you out of the ship and towards the mountain.

"I bet the raccoon didn't have to climb a mountain." Pietro glared at the thought while you both scaled the rocky terrain.

"Technically, he's not a raccoon, you know." You corrected.

"Whatever. He eats garbage" your brother countered back with sass. The two of you carefully walked onto the top of the mountain to be greeted by a floating figure.

"Welcome." You both stood ready to fight the man and protect each other. "Pietro, y/n, Children of Olek" he continued.

"Who are you?" You asked for answers carefully, not lowering your guard.

"Consider me a guide. To you, and to all who seek the Soul Stone."

"Oh, good. You tell us where it is. Then we'll be on our way." Pietro said.

"Ah, liebchen– If only it were that easy." He directed you both to the edge of the Cliff. "What you seek lies in front of you... as does what you fear." He finished mysteriously.

"The stone is down there." You noted, looking over the edge for your brother to pull you back safely as he worried you might fall.

"For one of you. For the other... In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul, for a soul."

———————————————
Question of the day: who do you think is going to jump? And who will get the stone?