Chapter 08

Lagos

Sitting at a small cafe table with your sister you watched her pour a packet of sugar into her tea before stirring it around. Taking a sip of her drink she looks around the area while you take a bite of your pastry.

"All right, what do you see?" Steve asks you both over comms.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda reported quietly from her seat at the outdoor cafe, continuing to act normal.

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means . . ." Steve started.

"Cameras." You noted, finishing his sentence for him.

"Both cross streets are one way." Steve continued.

"So, compromised escape routes." Wanda answered again.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" He asked you both again.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." You commented with a small shrug.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Natasha said over comms, guiding your attention to the assassin.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda reminds the team, casually.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha told you both as you turned to face the red head wearing sunglasses and taking a sip of her coffee.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam asked over comms.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Natasha replied.

"Can we just get to the fighting?" Pietro jumped in making you laugh a little at your brothers excitement.

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him." Steve reminded you all of how important the mission was. You nodded and got back to focus on the task at hand.

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us." Sam said.

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it." Steve ordered as the truck pushed through the market close by, people angrily yelling at it.

"That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed." Sam reported to the rest of you.

"It's a battering ram." Natasha realized with a gasp.

"Go now." Steve ordered.

"What?" You panicked with your sister, not seeing anything strange in the area near the police station.

"He's not hitting the police." Steve told you to clear up the confusion. "Body armor, AR-15's. I make seven hostiles." Captain America evaluated the situation after a few minutes of fighting. You and your siblings raced towards the fight, Wanda and Pietro being quicker due to their powers.

"I make 5." Sam replied, taking out two as he landed down.

"You're with me" Natasha ordered as you both ran into the street together. The two of you had hopped onto a motorcycle and sped towards the Infectious disease building that was under attack, Natasha driving as you held on.

"Sam." Wanda called out as she landed in the courtyard to find a man shooting at her. She grabbed the man with her powers and lifted him up from Sam to knock out as he flew down to her level.

"Four." Sam said proudly. "Rumlow's on the third floor." He reported as they all gathered together and used Red wing to scan the building.

"You wanted a fight" Steve told Pietro. "Wanda, just like we practiced." Steve orders your sister.

"What about the gas?" She asked about the main problem.

"Get it out." He told her simply. She used her powers to lift him into the building as he crashed through a window before pulling the gas out and lifting it into the air to flow out. While they are busy in the front, Rumlow had snuck out the back. Pietro had been grabbing bullets and taking down mercenaries who were aiming to harm your sister.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon." Steve warned you all upon his realization of being to late.

"On it." Natasha rides in on the motorcycle with you. "Jump!" She shouts and you follow orders, creating a bubble around yourself to protect from the concrete you had fallen onto. "Take them down!" She orders again and you suddenly go invisible.

"Where did she go?" The men began to panic. Natasha had kicked down two men before kicking a door closed in another. You took this distraction as your chance to fight back by punching a few down and kicking them out. You snuck up behind one of them and flipped him over with Natashas iconic takedown move she had taught you. When you looked up Natasha was thrown into a truck and Rumlow was escaping again.

"Steve he's escaping!" You warned, still out of sight. Rushing to help up your friend you had made yourself visible again, extending a hand to her.

"Sam. He's in an AFV heading north." Steve told the Falcon over comms.

"I got four, they're splitting up." Sam reported as he flew his drone over to evaluate the situation in the market place.

"I got the two on the left." Natasha told you all, racing over on her bike and jumping off into the cars. 

"Y/n, Pietro, go help them" Steve told you both as you stood back at the building.

"On it Cap" Pietro swooped you up and raced you into the market with Natasha.

"They ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload." Steve explained, checking out the area where their truck had crashed. Natasha had pushed through the crowd, chasing two men through the market in a rush.

"He doesn't have it. I'm empty." Sam told you and the others as he and Pietro had caught up and knocked out the other two.

"Out of the way!" Natasha dove through stalls in the market at the news, knowing one of the two men you were chasing had the vial. She ran around and cut one off, tackling him to the ground. He pulled a gun on her as they both scrambled to get up. You had punched him back as he looked around with panic and confusion, not seeing who threw the punch. Natasha smirked proudly, knowing it was you who was helping her out.

The second man appeared again and the red head threw a purse at him before kicking him back. She wrapped her legs around them both, pulling them to the ground. Diving over one and grabbing a gun she looked up to see that she had pointed it to a man who had matched her by aiming a gun right back.

"Drop it. Or I'll drop this. Drop it!" The second guy stated, holding the red vial out for her to see.

"He'll do it!" The man pointing a gun at her warned.

"Y/n" Natasha started. You took the hint and suddenly phased into the guys head, rendering him unconscious. As he dropped to the ground Natasha shot the other man in the leg and you grabbed the vial before it cracked in the dirt.

"Payload secure. Thanks, y/n." Natasha nodded to you while you handed off the vial to the assassin of the team.

"Where's Wanda?" You looked to your brother as he sped in and Sam landed beside you.

"Wanda, check in. Where are you?" Pietro called through comms.

"Sam . . . We need . . . Fire and Rescue . . . on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there." Steve replied out of breath.

———————————————
Question of the day: what was your favourite part from Civil War?