Chapter 12

I start shaking more and more the higher we go and squeeze Zach's arm tighter ever centimeter.

"Hey, it's okay Kate." He calms me softly giving me a sweet smile. "Just think about something else." He suggests and so I do exactly that.

I close my eyes and the first thing that comes to mind are those beautiful, hypnotizing blue eyes, staring into mine. I see them in front of me, looking at me with love, like I was their entire world. I think my mind's going crazy...

Suddenly I feel a pair of chapped lips being pressed to mine. I throw my eyes open to see it wasn't who I hoped it was. Zach kisses me passionately but I'm too shocked to react. He quickly jumps back and turns adorably red.

"I'm sorry. I-I shouldn't have done that. I just couldn't control myself." He apologized. Part of me is slightly freaked out because I just met him a couple of days ago and he just tried to eat my face.

"It's fine." I respond still in complete shock.

"I'm really sorry Kathleen. I really like you and you looked so adorable with the wind in your hair and your little smile and I just couldn't help it." I'm still dazed and confused about his confession when the Ferris wheel finally reaches the ground.

"I should probably go. Bye." Zach states before pulling me in for a very long, slightly uncomfortable hug. he quickly sprints away after he lets go.

"What's up with you guys?" Ashton asks confusedly. I takes me a while to make a sentence in my mind.

"He-he kissed me." I stutter. Before you judge and say I'm making a huge deal out of it, it was my first kiss. Again, dong judge.

All the guys look at me in disbelief for the second time today already. Good start Kath. I see Jake's face fall at the information and his face turns red, like he's about to start crying.

"I'm sorry I'll be right back." He informs us shakily before running off.

"One sec." I tell the guys before chasing after Jake.

"Jake!" I call after him but he doesn't seem to hear me.

I get closer to him and pull him back by his arm in between two rides where nobody was.

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly.

"Nothing." He answers trying to suppress sobs. "It's ... nothing. It's like my darkest secret."

"You can tell me Jake. If I can trust you with my secrets you can trust me with yours." I try to persuade him. From own experience I know that talking really does help.

He takes a long breath trying to calm his sobs down. "Kathleen. What I am about to tell you is top secret and you have to swear on your life to never tell anyone." He says with a bit of humor trying to lighten up the mood a little.

"I won't. Now spill the beans." I urge him. Immediately his face falls again and I can see tears starting to build up in his eyes.

"I think- I think I might be gay." I confesses and immediately breaks down in tears, collapsing into my arms.

I push him up and look into his red eyes. "There is nothing wrong with that Jacob." I tell him seriously.

"Yes. There is. People are gonna think-" he starts before I cut him off.

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." I recite one of my favorite quotes to him. After he had calmed down a little I asked him the question I'd been dying to ask him.

"Who's the lucky guy then?" I attempt to wiggle my eyebrows but probably look like a complete moron so I stop. I hear him chuckle at my lame attempt.