Chapter Thirty-four, Luke.

LUKE

I needed to see Sang. Badly.

I knew yesterday something was up, when the Doc told us not to worry. Yeah right. He should know I notice more than people realise and I saw the worry in his eyes.

Then, last night when we all made it back to Victor's hoping to be able to see Sang and spend time with her, we're greeted by Mr Blackbourne with news that Sang is asleep and Doc is taking her out for a few hours in the morning while we watch her home video.

What's wrong that Sang can't watch it with us. If it's because she's upset over her grandparents, I want to know. I hate it when she's worried, hurt or sad.

What's more, why wouldn't Mr Blackbourne budge on telling us what happened. Believe me, we tried to get something out of him. Kota especially. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

And I'm not the only one seeing something wrong with that picture. Gabe was stressed. North was shouting. Kota's eyes kept flickering and the rest of us didn't know what to think.

So either there's something really bad on that film, which I don't believe, because let's face it my Cupcake was a good little girl, I'm sure of that. Total cutie too I bet. Or, something's wrong with the here and now. I'm praying nothing has happened to make Sang want to leave us, because I'm not sure how I would deal with life if that was the case.

So, this morning I need to see her alone, just for a minute or two. That's all I need. Okay, I need more, but I can settle.

Running up the stairs at Victor's behind North, I quietly slip into Victor's room. North and Silas had both seen Sang earlier giving some rubbish excuse about dropping something off. Whatever.

Looking around quickly I know she's awake and I can hear a quiet giggle and a deep voice from the bathroom. Gabe. Good. I'm not in trouble yet. We always have each other's backs. He won't get totally bent out of shape with me sticking my head in to say hello. So I do.

Sang's eyes light up when she sees me. And, Damn, if that isn't the best feeling in the world I don't know what is.

"Hi Luke. I'm so glad you're here. I've been waiting for you. Victor got me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Isn't he wonderful! Anyway, I saved you some. We hid them in here with us to protect them, didn't we Meanie!" Sang giggled.

And right then and there I knew I was wrong about that feeling I just had. Because this is. This feeling of knowing my sweet Sang had been thinking about me, just as I had been thinking about her. That topped everything.

"Morning Sugar. You must have been good to get pancakes for breakfast."

"Yeah, right." Gabe snorted. "We all know Vic will give her whatever she wants, whenever she wants it. Ain't that right, Trouble!"

"Meanie, you know I really hate it when Victor spends money on me." Sang sighed.

About to comment further my brother looked hard at me and must have seen something in my eyes. Longing probably. Because he put the brush down he'd been using to polish the perfection that was our girl, murmured in her ear about finding the right shoes for her dress, kissed her forehead and left us alone. I really love my brother, I think as I move towards the girl I've been dreaming about since I first met her.

Sang jumped up and threw her arms around my neck. "We probably don't have long Luke before someone barges in on us."

"Then we should make it count, Sugar." I smile before I kiss those gorgeous lips off, and I don't care that she kisses my brothers so long as she kisses me too.

When we finally come up for air, we're both panting and laughing. "I missed you Luke." She sighed as she stepped back to recover the pancakes she'd saved for me.