Chapter eleven.

The Sunstone Chest.

Sang:

While I had been with Victor and then Gabe this morning the rest of the guys had obviously been very busy. Because when I walked out with Gabe my mind went blank. Because it was here. Safe.

I stopped stock still and covered my mouth in shock. There, sitting on the table, was the Sunstone Chest. In all its perfect, magnificent glory. I could not believe it. It was as beautiful now as it was when I was a little girl.

I stumbled forward until it was right there in front of me. "It's here. It's really here". I gasped. "Already! How? I thought it wasn't arriving for a day or two." I raised my hand to shakily to run my gently fingers along the top of it, tracing the carvings my Grandfather had so carefully worked when he had built it for me. I just couldn't believe it.

I quickly wiped the tears that had formed and tried to thank the guys. "You guys are the best. How did you do it? Thank you so, so much. I can't believe this." I was crying with happiness now.

"Hey, hey Princess it's not fair to cry when someone's being nice, remember?"

I laughed at that and hugged all nine of them I was so happy.

"So, Peanut, do you know how to open this monster because there's no key!"

"Yeah, Sugar. We know. We looked. I was quite happy to use my skills in that department but it's a bit difficult with no key hole." Luke said, waggling his eyebrows at me.

I gently ran my fingers along the top and sides. It really was perfect. A perfect cube made from walnut it stood on circular balls of walnut inset with pieces of polished sunstone. The top and sides of the box were inset with one inch squares set in neat rows, each square perfectly carved with different symbols from Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs, to Incan and Mayan symbols, flowers and even a few Wiccan symbols were there along with some I could now remember the Grands and I had thought up ourselves for the fun of it.

On the top in the very centre instead of a square was a circle made from sunstone with little holes of varying sizes scattered apparently randomly across it. I smiled again as I touched it thinking how Gramps had changed the original disc from walnut to a sunstone.

Just as he had with the round timber balls holding the chest my Gramps had inlaid little pieces of sunstones here and there. The box itself sat on a turntable built and also carved from walnut, with special indents for each foot so it could never fall off its resting place. I could remember the first time I saw it completed, and that feeling of actually being able to remember made this just so much more special.

##

Looking at Miss Sorenson's face I knew beyond a doubt we had done the right thing getting the chest here so quickly. It really was an exquisite piece of workmanship. Most boxes were a rectanglar shape but somehow seeing this on its deep turntable it looked just perfect.

The look of joy on her face was indescribable. All of us looking at her could see how moved she was to see her precious box. And I couldn't remember feeling so happy, because it was my family that had put that look there. It was obvious it had been cared for while it was away from our Sang, and I had to admit to being curious as to how the hell it opened. Because I couldn't see a key hole anywhere and believe me we had all looked.

"Guys this really means the world to me. I don't know to thank you."

"No thanks are necessary, Miss Sorenson. You are part of our family. It was our pleasure to assist you." I smiled. "Before you open it up, however, your Mr Drummond asked that you open this envelope from your grandfather."