newly orphaned

I was sitting at the ravenclaw table eating my breakfast when an owl stopped in front of me. It wasn't my parents owl, which confused me. I untied the letter hanging from its foot. It was addressed to Princesses Elsa and Anna of Arendelle. I turned towards anna,  who looked confused and slightly hurt. We usually both got letters from our parents. I stood and beckoned her to follow. We walked outside by the fountain and sat in the ground against the wall.
"Why'd  you get a letter and not me," she asked.
I shook my head and showed her who it was addressed to. Her eyes went wide.
"What's it say?"
I opened the letter and read aloud:
     Dear Princesses Elsa and anna of Arendelle,
"Wait,  we're PRINCESSES! Why didn't mom and dad tell us?" Anna looked completely bewildered.
"I don't know, " I said softly.
I continued:
     We regret to inform you that your parents have passed away due to the unfortunate events that have taken place at the castle this past week. We would like to extend the offer to Princess Elsa to come home a week early to be crowned Queen. The funeral will be held his coming Saturday at the castle. We are so terribly sorry for your loss and hope to see you for the coronation.
     Signed,
     Kai Fillgerson, 1st assistant to the king.
I sat in shock. We looked at each other,  trying to register what we just read.
"So, we're princesses." Anna's eyes were wide.
"Mom...dad...they're gone. For good. And...I'm supposed to become...to become the Queen," I said, my voice cracking.
" So that's it, they're gone. They're dead. They'll never come back. " then anna burst into tears. I tried to keep my tears back, buck it didn't work. I put my arm around my younger sister and silently cried.
"Elsa?" Anna choked. "Thanks for telling me why you stayed away from me for two years. Please, now of all times, don't do it again. We need each other-" she stopped.  "We only have each other. "
I nodded, my face wet with tears.  I knew nothing about being the queen, and without my mother and father to guide me and my ice powers to sort out, I had no idea how I was ever going to be able to rule over an entire kingdom. By the time I had my coronation,  I'd only be 15! No way would I be able to do a good job then!
We decided we would show this to Dumbledore and see what he said. We walked back to the castle. Punzie, hiccup, Kristoff,  Astrid, and merida stopped in front of us.
"Hey, you two okay?"
"You don't look so great right now. "
"Is there something wrong?"
"Did you guys leave early because something happened? "
"Ya lasses look like you could use a break. Ya sure you're alright? "
The fired question after question at us. We both raised our hands in surrender.
"We'll tell you later.  We need to see Dumbledore immediately. "
They looked confused, but nodded and let us pass.
I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Not lookin' so good around the eyes there," a familiar voice said with sarcasm.  I stopped.
"We need to see Dumbledore now. If you'll excuse us, we will be on our way. " I said coldly. Anna glared at Jack.
He smirked. "For what reason?"
"That is confidential. "
" Says who?"
"The future Queen and Princess of Arendelle. "
He took a step back. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. You two are PRINCESSES!?"
"Yes, now leave us alone by order of the princesses of Arendelle. "
He slowly backed away,  mouth wide open,  eyes wide in shock.
We turned and walked towards Dumbledore's office. At the gargoyle, I gave the password of chocolate frogs.  It opened and we walked in. I knocked on the door.
"Come in."
I opened the door. "Headmaster,  both me and my sister have received terrible news. It's best understood if you read the letter. "
I handed him the letter. He read through it,  his eyes showing grief and sorrow.
"I am so terribly sorry for your loss, and the coronation date my for you,  elsa, will be made. As for the funeral, I'm afraid I cannot let you go. The force that killed your parents is after you as well."
We looked at each other.
"We don't know what killed our parents, " Anna said quietly.
"Ahh, I see. Well, it has come to my attention that pitch black,  the boogeyman,  is rising up to power. I believe it was he who murdered your parents. My theory is that he broke into your home and tried to find you. Your parents died because they were trying to protect you. Pitch became angry because they wouldn't tell him where you were, so he stabbed your parents to death with a dark magical sand bladed knife. "
Anna looked pale and ready to pass out. I began to shake a bit. My powers began to get out of control,  making it snow in Dumbledore's office. He just smiled faintly.
" I'm so very sorry, girls, but it's for the best that you don't go to the funeral. And you will be exempt from classes the rest of the week. "
We nodded and walked out, silent. Classes were already almost over anyway. I sat down on the ground, my back against the wall. I began to cry silently. Anna sat next to me, rubbing my back. She began to sing a song, one from our two years apart, but softer and more sincere:
Do you wanna build a snowman?
Come on, let's go and play!
I never see you anymore
Come out the door
It's like you've gone away

We used to be best buddies
And now we're not
I wish you would tell me why!

Do you wanna build a snowman?
It doesn't have to be a snowman...
Do you wanna build a snowman?
Or ride our bike around the halls?
I think some company is overdue
I've started talking to
The pictures on the walls!

It gets a little lonely
All these empty rooms
Just watching the hours tick by...
Elsa, please I know you're in there
People are asking where you've been
They say, "Have courage, " and I'm trying to
I'm right out here for you
Just let me in

We only have each other
It's just you and me
What are we gonna do?

Do you wanna build a snowman?
I looked up and smiled. Anna was crying again too. I wrapped my arms around my sister in a tight hug. She did the same.
" I love you anna. Thank you for always being there for me, even if I wasn't there for you."
"I love you to els."