18

TW's:
-Eating disorder behaviour
-Mentions fight parents

Clay's POV

I was really happy when I suddenly saw George coming into my school, but I was less happy with the whispering voices behind me. Maybe they weren't homophobic, but it felt like the girl had told everyone that she suspected me being gay.

I was holding George's hand to calm him down as I heard voices behind me whispering again.

'Did you know he's gay?' I heard a boy behind me whisper really quietly to the girl next to him.

I felt my face heating up and hid it behind my hands as I stared down at my book between my fingers. Luckily the bell rang and I stood up with Sapnap and George, walking away as fast as possible.

'Are you okay?' Sapnap asked me when we were standing outside of the classroom.

'Uh- y-yeah. Uh- George, what class do you have now? I'll bring you there.'

'History,' George muttered as he looked at his schedule.

'Oh, me too,' I said with a smile. 'It's this way.'

George walked with me and Sapnap was smirking the whole time since my face was really red. We were walking to history as I heard people behind me whisper again. They were laughing a bit.

'He's gay, did you know?'

'Yeah, I heard it from someone this morning. It's a sad that such a popular guy is gay.'

I looked at George in the corner of my eyes and he seemed to be listening, not saying much about it. I looked at Sapnap after and he rolled his eyes, turning around.

'Can you shut up? It's quite annoying, isn't it?' Sapnap yelled.

'What? Isn't it a fact?'

'Nothing has been confirmed, that girl just spread this shit throughout the whole school, just because he wasn't interested in a relationship with her. Even if he would be gay, you don't have to tell the whole world. His sexuality is private and he would have been open about it if he wanted to talk about it.'

It was quiet for a little and I heard the girls clear their throats. 'We aren't homophobic or anything, we just heard it from someone.'

'And then you decide to talk about it behind his back with his friends next to him? What if he's actually gay and we didn't know? You would just out him and I'd call that pretty homophobic.'

The girls didn't reply anymore and I awkwardly walked further, looking at George if he noticed it. George just smiled at me and distracted me from what was happening. 'I'm excited to go to the swimming pool today.'

I smiled shyly, knowing he was suspecting me to be gay now. What if he thought I was flirting with him and got so awkward that he didn't want to hang out with me after today? I was pretty sad that I had just been outed, even though George might have thought it was a joke.

The day passed by slowly. I helped George the whole day and Sapnap was just constantly teasing me about my red and flustered face. It made me even more flustered as I realised he knew I was in love with George.

After school, I walked home with George. He told me he didn't have a bike, because he often fell down. It was quite a while of walking, but I liked being with him while the sun was shining on my face. It also felt good to be moving, I felt really restless if I couldn't move for a long time.

At school I hadn't eaten more than just an apple and Sapnap and George were pretty worried now. I told them nothing was wrong, because it didn't feel like something was wrong. I wasn't eating too little, I just ate healthy and since I barely had any organic stuff in our house today, I ate less.

I got pretty lightheaded whilst walking to the swimming pool, but I was holding my arm around George so he stayed calm with his tics, causing me to keep standing up when I felt dizzy.

When we arrived at my place, George went into the stall we built so he could change to his swimming trunks. He came out of the stall and smiled at me. I changed quickly after, but kept my shirt on since I was really cold.

George smiled and grabbed my hand as he jumped into the swimming pool. I managed to keep standing at the edge and pulled my shirt off as I jumped in too. I tried to not look at his body, but once I was in the water, I couldn't help myself anymore and stared at his chest.

George giggled as I swam closer to him and grabbed his waist.

'I get what all those people at school are saying now,' he giggled as I stared at his chest while holding him.

I wheezed and pushed him away, swimming away as far as possible. 'Shut up, idiot.'

'I was kidding,' George laughed. 'Unless?'

I rolled my eyes. 'You're so dumb.'

George giggled and swam to the edge of the pool, sitting down on it. 'My stamina sucks.'

'So does mine,' I laughed as I sat down next to him.

I suddenly heard my parents scream really loudly at each other and my face heated up. 'Uh- let's swim,' I yelled as I pushed George into the swimming pool again. 'I challenge you, who can hold their breath the longest.'

George took the hint of me absolutely not wanting to talk about what was happening inside of my house and we went under water to hold our breaths. I swam closer to George whilst holding my breath and decided to tease him.

I started tickling him and he swam away as fast as he could to stay under water. I giggled, but still had to go up first. I took a deep breath, waited for him to catch his breath and challenged him to another one.

Luckily, my parents calmed down after a few minutes so I ended up swimming normally with him as I laid down on the edge of the swimming pool for a while too.

George was really calm and didn't have tics as we had fun. I was really in love with him and I couldn't stop saying it.

1056 words