17

TW's:
-None

George's POV

It was the next day and my mum was driving me to my new school. I had been there on Thursday after everyone's classes ended to have a conversation about everything I needed and went through.

I explained about my Tourette's to them, the tics I had and why I changed schools. They were really accepting and patiently waited when I had a tic attack and my mother calmed me down.

I told them about my tic to hit people and call things out. They asked me how to help me the best and I said that walking around the school was the best as long as I didn't have a friend to calm me down.

I took a deep breath as I stepped out of the car. My mother kissed my cheek as I left and I lifted my bag up on my shoulders as my body was filled with nerves. I was constantly having quiet vocal tics and tried to remain calm now I was new here. Luckily the principal was coming with me to tell everyone I had Tourette's.

I took another deep breath and went inside, looking around me to figure out the way I had to go. I found the way to my locker, hitting it really hard as I winced from the pain. I sighed softly and started walking to the principal's office so he could come with me to my first class.

I was screeching as I walked to his office as I blinked with my eyes and hit my leg over and over. I knocked on the door once I got there, slammed my hand against the door and screamed while opening the door.

The principal smiled at me. 'Hi, George. I'm coming with you.' He stood up and pointed to the left. 'This way.'

I nodded as I hit my chest and yelled again, screaming out everything I saw. The principal didn't say anything and opened a door to a classroom. 'It's here,' he said, letting me go in first.

I walked in and stared at my feet as I was very scared to look at the class while I was having tics. I screeched again, hitting myself as I yelled out the word "floor" five times. The principal laid his hand down on my shoulder and looked at the class.

'This is George, he's new here. Before anyone makes a mean comment towards George, I want to tell you something about him. George has Tourette Syndrome which causes him to have some tics, including vocal ones and another few. Would you like to tell them more about it?'

I nodded slowly and still didn't have the courage to look up. I screeched again and hit my chest as I yelled out some random words.

'Well, those are a few of my tics,' I muttered. 'I have a tic where I hit people who get close to me. I really don't do this on purpose and I hate that I have this tic a lot. I also tend to throw stuff sometimes and I yell out things I like or see.'

I took a deep breath and finally looked up as I got startled when I saw Clay. He had a big smile on his face which was bright red.

'George!' he said happily.

'Hi,' I muttered with a shy smile on my face.

'Oh, I see that you know someone in here already?'

'I know Clay,' I said with a smile.

The boy next to Clay was smirking as he pushed Clay softly. Clay rolled his eyes at him and looked back at me. 'George, you can sit here,' the boy said as he stood up to sit in front of Clay.

'Really?' I asked as I screeched and clicked my tongue, shaking my head heavily.

'Yes, sit down,' he said with a smile.

I sat down next to Clay and started hitting the table, grabbing Clay's book as I slammed it on the table. He grinned and opened his book again without saying anything about it.

'I don't want any mean comments towards George. If anyone does make a mean comment, you'll get suspended for a few days. George has gone through a lot and he can't help it at all, so I want everyone to respectfully handle this.'

Everyone nodded and a random girl smiled at me. 'Can I ask what calms you down? I heard that when people with Tourette's are relaxed, they have less tics.'

I nodded. 'I like hugs, swimming, the gym and I have a soft bunny which calms me down a lot.'

'Do you have the bunny with you?'

I shook my head. 'I don't, because I got bullied when I did in my other school.'

'You can just bring it with you,' the boy who was sitting in front of Clay said.

I smiled, got a tic again and hit my table so hard that I let out a scream from the pain. Clay grabbed my hand and scooted closer to me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

'Calm down,' he whispered as he rubbed my hand softly. 'Does it hurt a lot?'

I nodded and he grabbed his bag, opening it to grab a water bottle. 'This is cold,' he said as he held it on my hand.

I heard some people whisper in class and Clay looked a bit awkwardly, but shrugged it off as he let me calm down. He grabbed his book and looked through it as I grabbed it and threw it through the class.

Clay stood up, grabbing his book and put it in his bag as he pulled me close again, running his hand through my hair. I started calming down as the class started and Clay grabbed his book again.

'Do you have books already?'

I shrugged. 'I have my old school books.'

'Just look in my book,' Clay said with a smile. 'Are you feeling okay?'

I nodded. 'Thank you for being so sweet to me,' I whispered.

Clay ruffled my hair up and smiled. 'No problem,' he whispered back with red cheeks.

Someone was grinning softly and Clay quickly looked away. It didn't seem like they were laughing in a mean way, but more in a teasing way. Clay rolled his eyes. 'Leave them.'

1056 words