7

TW's:
-None I think

George's POV

I had been listening to music since I came home whilst I was rocking softly and hugging my stuffed bunny. My mother had been hugging me for an hour, after that I ate lunch and slept for a little.

I had a lot of trouble falling asleep at night because of all my tics, but I was so exhausted that I fell asleep while my mum was running her hand through my hair as she was singing a song to me.

I woke up when it was half past two and my mum smiled at me as I sat up.

'Hey, sweetie. Did you sleep well?'

I nodded slowly and sighed softly as I stared down at my hands, feeling the urge to hit myself.

'Can I go to the gym?' I asked as I smiled. 'Maybe I like it.'

'Of course, do you have your phone?'

I nodded, but had tears fill my eyes. 'I have to tell you something,' I muttered as I imitated a bird by whistling. 'I got a tic and threw my phone on the ground multiple times. The screen is completely shattered.'

'Oh, honey. That's not your fault at all. We will repair your screen and get you a better phone case so it won't happen again.'

'Are you not mad at me?'

'I'm not, sweetie. You can't help it that you have a tic like that.'

I wiped a tear away as I got the urge to call out everything I saw. 'Mum, window, wall, couch, television,' I yelled out as I blinked quickly.

'I looked for your sports clothes when you were asleep. I found these shorts and this shirt.'

'Thank you,' I said with a smile, sniffing with my nose after that.

I grabbed the shorts, but threw them on the ground as I screamed.

'Calm down, sweetie,' my mum said as she rubbed my shoulders.

I grabbed them again and went to the kitchen to change into the sports clothes. It took me a little since I constantly threw my clothes away and hit my chest, but once I was done, I walked back to the living room.

My mother was standing up with her car keys and my bunny. 'Are you ready?'

I nodded and walked with her to the car after I had around five tics leaving the house. I sat in the car as my mother started driving. I had the same vocal tic over and over again, but my mother just sang a song for me while driving to the gym.

She let me lay down first when we arrived there. I put my seat back, hugging my bunny as my tics started getting a bit less once my mother ran her hand through my hair.

'Are you calm enough, honey?' she asked, kissing my forehead.

I nodded and sat up, opening the car door after my mum gave me a hug. 'Text me when you want to come back, okay? I'll turn my sounds on so I'll be able to hear your texts.'

'Okay,' I said with a smile. I walked away from the car and waved to my mother as I opened the door to the gym.

I didn't really enjoy the smell in here, it smelled a bit sweaty in here which wasn't weird since it was a gym. I slowly walked to the man sitting on a chair at the entrance and smiled at him. He was trained, had his arms tattooed and had a big beard with a bald head.

I nodded slowly, trying really hard to suppress myself from getting tics. I started making movements with my face as I blinked a lot and smiled. 'Hello.'

'Hello, what's your name?'

'George,' I muttered as I hit my own leg and let out a high pitched screech.

'Are you okay?'

'I have Tourette's,' I mumbled as I had a tic again and screamed.

The man seemed nice and smiled shortly at me, not commenting on my tics anymore. He wrote my name down and asked some questions before letting me go in. Once I could go to the hall, I walked there shyly.

There weren't as many people as I expected. There was an older lady who was sitting on a bicycle and then there was a boy around my age. He was sitting on the leg press, pressing himself away as he was panting loudly.

His body was genuinely sweat-soaked and his face was really red as he stopped moving, laying down on the seat he was sitting on. He was thin, maybe even too thin.

I saw him standing up and he looked at me as I had a few tics in a row. He smiled shortly, but then I saw him grabbing the wall for security. He seemed to almost fall down and sat down on the floor as he drank some water.

I smiled at him again once he seemed to feel a bit better and had a bad tic, hitting myself as I screamed and clicked my tongue. I shook my shoulders, jumped up and down and then threw my water bottle through the hall.

It rolled closer to the boy and he stood up with a small smile, grabbing my bottle as he walked closer to me. 'Here you go,' he said.

I smiled shyly and felt my cheeks heat up as I hit my chest and coughed. The boy didn't say anything about it and I threw my bottle again. He grinned.

'That's not going to work like that, dummy,' he giggled as he put my water bottle down on the side of the hall.

'Thank-,' I started, screeching again as I blinked my eyes quickly, clicking my tongue after. 'You.'

'You're welcome,' the boy smiled. 'I think you might be new here, be free to ask me for help if you need some. I'm here every day.'

'Thank you,' I said with a bright smile as I screeched a few times again.

The boy rubbed my shoulder shortly with a smile on his face. 'Have fun, I'm just here in the hall so ask me whenever you want to.'

1029 words