PROLOGUE

[Name] opened the door to her house, as the sun began to set, leaving the sky in a deep orange shade, as clouds shined with a mixture of yellow and red. The [Hair colour] haired girl had just finished playing with her friends, all of them going through the forest in the small village they all lived in. As she stepped in, she heard the sink running, most likely her father cooking dinner, enough for the two of them.

The girl shut the door, taking off her shoes, making sure not to leave any dirt trails in her already dark messy home. From where she stood, she could see her father in the kitchen peeling potatoes with a knife, as he turned off the water.

"You fell in the mud 'gain?" The man said standing, not turning his back while speaking to his daughter.

[Name] felt guilty hearing her father ask if she had fallen again. The last time he threw a fit was when he found out his daughter had messed up the clothes he worked so hard on to clean out the stains. Brushing away those thoughts she had, she ended up replying with no, creating a small conversation only for it to finish as she scrambled upstairs to her small room.

While in the room, she could see her other friends in their houses, talking with their parents. The small window she had been looking through, she mostly used it to look at the sky at night or to look at people being filled with life energy with their loved ones, as that was the only thing [Name] craved from her father.

She knew how devastated he was when those people came over to their village to tell him that his wife had died. Even though it happened a long time ago, about when she was 4, she did remember her father crying for a few nights and the people who came to tell him the news, returning things to him that once belonged to his wife. The little girl did try to find those things that once belonged to her mother but her dad knew better than to show her and ended up hiding all of his wife's belongings.

She didn't know how she died, and her father never told anything about her mom, saying that he didn't wanna talk about it or left him uncomfortable leading her to feel bad about it and ending up dropping the topic. This attitude towards her affected his daughter's life, resulting in an unstable relationship with her. Still, she tried her best to talk to her dad about random things, but each time the conversation would be cut short since neither one of them dared to continue it.

This then caused [Name] to have problems when making new friends and talking to strangers. It made it so hard for her to even ball her fists up when in public or grind her teeth, in fear that everyone was judging her for every move she made. Afraid people would make fun of her. But she was thankful that she was able to make six friends who accepted her.

The sky was now dark, and she could see that people from windows were eating and the smell of mushroom stew was now smelt from downstairs, signalling that her father was now done cooking dinner. Not a while after, her father called her downstairs to eat, which she complied with, heading downstairs quickly, since the girl found it rude to disrespect her father, even though she still gets mad at old fights and things he had said to her in the past, she still obeys him.

After dinner, the girl brushed her teeth and took a small bath before heading to bed since her father set a time when she had to go to bed whether she wanted to or not. Once again, even though she didn't agree with those rules, she obeyed them out of respect for her father, not wanting to be like those kids who do nothing around a household but disrespect their parents. The small girl lay on the bed in darkness, in a white plain nightgown, the only source of light being the moon. She began to fall into slumber until she was woken up by a small breeze of wind, but it didn't come from her window, instead, it came from beside her ear, a faint whisper breathing out to speak.

"[Name]"

The sudden whisper shook the small girl awake instantly sitting up to check if it was her father who had called out her name, although it sounded nothing like him, she knew that her father's voice was much deeper while the voice she heard sounded like a woman's. It was foolish to think it was her father and it concluded her to think that it was either a ghost or someone in the room. Blinking away to see if anything was in her room, she leaned over to her nightstand, clearing her vision.