🌷22🌷

Honestly, I began regretting inviting Miguel to accompany me shortly after he called. However, I actually enjoyed the afternoon with him. He arrived at 1 pm promptly and even paid for the uber to get to the center.

I enjoyed admiring the pieces at the center, but I could tell that Miguel wasn't anywhere as into them. To his credit, though, he did his best to feign interest and even threw out a few jokes about some works now and then. We spent about two hours at the center before I got my fill.

After we headed outside, I smiled at Miguel. "Thanks for coming along; this was nice."

He grinned. "Ahh, don't mention it."

"Do you need me to get a ride for you?"

He furrowed his brow, still smiling. "Wait, you wanna leave?"

"Well, yeah. Or do you wanna see more of the center?"

"No, but I was hoping to hang out for a bit longer. What's the rush?"

"I've gotta eat."

"Perfect! I can take you to my favorite food joint."

"I have food-"

"Aww, come on, don't say no! Please?" He hit me with puppy dog eyes, pouting.

Rolling my eyes, I smiled. "Fine, just stop doing that stupid face."

He grinned. "Stupid? Pshhh, it's cute, and you know it."

"I don't know who has been lying to you, but sorry to say, it's not."

"It was cute enough to get you to change your mind."

My mouth dropped open, but no words fell out. Miguel smirked.

I looked away, scoffing as I hid my smile. "I did that out of pity."

"Mhmm, sounds believable."

"Whatever. Should I order the ride?"

"Nah, I will."

"Alright." I looked at Miguel. "Where are we going, though?"

He smirked, placing a finger in front of his lips. "You'll see."

. . .

Miguel took me to a waffle restaurant. When we got inside, I was happy to find that it wasn't crowded, although it was far from empty.

As if reading my thoughts, Miguel said, "It's a lot more crowded early in the day and later at night."

"You hit the sweet spot then." I smiled at him. "I like that you chose this place."

He gave a bow, beaming. "I'm glad you like it. Have you been here before?"

"No, but I love waffles."

"Then you'll love this place: they have the best waffles."

I raised an eyebrow, still smiling. "I'll be the judge of that."

. . .

Miguel hadn't been lying: shortly after I took a bite out of the waffle I'd ordered, I knew that I was bound to become a regular at the place.

Miguel smirked as I scarfed down my food. "I told you!"

After chewing through the food stuffed in my mouth, I replied, "This proves nothing; anything can taste good when you're hungry."

"Uh-huh. So I won't catch you here again?"

"Never."

"Interesting. Well, I'm a regular here, so if I ever happen to see you pop in, I'll make a scene."