🏵14🏵

Miguel led me into his living room, which had no trace of the empty cans that had strewn its floor the night before. The only thing that seemed out of place was the table that was directly in front of his couch, on which his laptop lay.

He turned to me. "Hey, can I offer you anything? I've got booze if you want."

I shook my head, smiling. "Thanks, but I'm good. I'm surprised you're not drunk though."

Sitting on his couch, he said, "Got pending coursework and the deadline's coming up, so I need my focus."

"Oh shit, is this a bad time? I don't wanna distract you."

"Nah, I'll always have time for you cutie." He patted the space next to him. "Though I am wondering why you're here."

I sat down next to him. "Well... um..."

Should I really be doing this? I mean, he has work to do, so I shouldn't be bothering him. Plus, is this worth it-

An image of Angelo's smug face flashed through my mind. Fuck yes it is!

I faced Miguel, smiling. "I've been thinking about that kiss from last night-"

"Oh." He sheepishly grinned, rubbing the back of his head. "About that...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have pulled that shit out of nowhere: I don't know what I was thinking."

I stared at him without blinking. Wait... he's apologizing?

After a few seconds, Miguel chuckled. "Hey, can I get a response? Yelling is appropriate if that's what you want."

I blinked rapidly. "Oh, um... yeah, don't do that again."

Wait, what am I saying? I'm supposed to be seducing him!

He nodded. "I won't, don't worry."

"Wait, I don't mean you should never kiss me again! Just... not without my consent."

His brow furrowed. "Ok..."

My face warmed. Fuck, get it together Aimee!

I brought out a tube of lip gloss from the fanny pack I had carried along then applied it. Elation rushed through me when Miguel's eyes dropped to my lips.

Smiling at him, I bit my lower lip. "What are you thinking?"

He stammered, "Wh-what?"

"Lemme guess, "I moved closer to him, "you're thinking about last night as well?"

His eyes left my lips, widening as they met my gaze. A moment later though, he grinned. "What if I am?"

I leaned forward till my lips were a hairsbreadth from his. A slightly sweet scent wafted into my nose. "Then we're on the same page."

The moment our lips connected, I wanted to pull back. Although the kiss was much better than the sloppy one he'd given me the night before, kissing him as compared to kissing Angelo was like being forced to enjoy a watered-down version of a wonderful drink.

Yet I forced myself through the resistance, drawing strength from my mental image of Kyra and Angelo as I deepened the kiss and climbed on Miguel's lap.

When our lips broke apart, Miguel breathed. "Damn."

I smirked, lightly stroking his neck. "You have condoms, right?"

. . .

"You know, you're welcome to use my shower."

I didn't bother looking back at Miguel as I got dressed. "Thanks, but I'm good. I've gotta get back."