🥀8🥀

I furrowed my brow. "What?"

Precious repeated, "Angelo was with another girl last night."

"Like a friend?"

"If by that you mean your type of 'friendship', then maybe. I don't know the full details, I only know what I saw."

"Oh, and what did you see?"

"I'll show you." Precious pulled out her phone, then showed me a snap. The video showed a girl sitting on a guy's lap in a party scene, making out with him.

I tensed. "You can't even see the guy's face, so how do you know-"

My words cut off as the next snap played. The girl was laughing in that one, and the guy's chin was resting on her shoulder. It was clear as day that he was Angelo.

My blood ran cold. "Motherfucker," I breathed.

Precious put away her phone. "Since there's no commitment-"

"What the fuck? So that's why he didn't answer my calls or texts? That's why he didn't come over? Motherfucker!"

Precious gasped. "So he was even supposed to be with you while this was happening? The audacity! Commitment or no commitment, that is shitty behavior."

"Right, like how dare he?"

"Thank god my cousin took that video, 'cause we both know he ain't planning to tell you about what he's been up to the next time you see him. You know how these men are - if there's one thing they want, it's to have their cake and eat it."

"Fuck. Fuck!" I marched out of the kitchen. "I'm done with that dickhead!"

"Whoa," Precious hurried, catching up to me and matching my furious pace. "That's great, but you're not planning to message him now, are you?"

"Of course I fucking am!"

"Girl, that is far from the best idea!"

I paused, glaring at her. "Why not?"

"You're practically giving him a cop-out."

"You think I want his dumb ass over here?"

"I think you want to hold him accountable for his actions - dealing with this over text gives him the option of simply blocking you without having to face the uncomfortable reality of what he did. Let him come so he can look you in the eye and admit what he did, don't give him the option of taking the easy way out!"

I was quiet for a bit, then I said, "You know what? You're right. I'm not going to let him take the easy way out."

"That's right!" Grinning, Precious walked back to the kitchen. "Fuck that no commitment bullshit, you better let his two-timing ass have it when he gets here!"

. . .

I headed to Nabila's room immediately after. I barely even gave her time to open the door before I shoved my way inside.

"Woah, chill!" Frowning, she closed the door. "What's up-"

Pacing around the room, I shouted, "You would not believe what that fucking dickhead did!"

"Dickhead? Who are you talking-"

"Fucking Angelo, that's who!" I scoffed. "I can't believe I fucking waited for him last night - how could I be so stupid? I mean, this is the same guy who took off to Japan for a month and didn't even bother to tell me before leaving. Matter of fact, why am I even surprised-"

"Woah, slow down." Nabila walked to me, placing her hands and my shoulders and stopping me in place. "The story isn't running away, so breathe. Let me know when you're okay."

I took a few deep breaths, then nodded.

"Good." She led me over to her bed, sitting me down. "Now tell me what happened, but slowly this time."

So I did, trying my hardest to hold my emotions at bay as I spoke.

As the story progressed, Nabila's eye grew wider.

After I finished, she stuttered, "W-wow! I can't believe he would do that."

"I may have not as well if I hadn't seen it for myself."

"Do you think that maybe you misinterpreted the video?"

I scoffed. "Nabila, no. I saw him kissing another girl, and I'm 100 percent sure of that."

"Well, maybe he was drunk-"

"Angelo doesn't drink."

"Oh yeah." She fell silent, looking away from me.

A few moments later, she said, "What if he didn't think he was doing anything wrong?"

I frowned. "What?"

"You both aren't in a relationship, right? So maybe he thought kissing her would be okay."

What the fuck?

"You know what, forget it." Getting up, I growled, "I didn't come here to have you show your support for him."

"I'm not supporting his actions! It's just that Angelo always seems obsessed with you, so I don't think he'll purposefully try to hurt-"

I walked out of her room, slamming the door behind me.

Barely a minute after I got into my room, I received a pic of a fancy sports car from Tim. Along with it, he sent:

'I'm JuSt TrYiNg To Be ReAlIsTiC'.

I threw my phone on my bed then dropped on it, burying my head into my pillow. I screamed, repeatedly slamming my fists into the bed. Fuck, fuck, fuck!

After a while, I stilled. Tears began leaking from my eyes. Before long, I was sobbing silently.

. . .

After I regained my composure, I headed to the kitchen to cook, even though I had leftovers I could have warmed. Although I wasn't making anything fancy or particularly difficult, I followed the process with careful precision. Soon, I was whistling along to the music booming from my earphones as I peeled potatoes.

After I'd finished, I walked back to my room with my head held high and a plate of food in my hand. However, once I saw my phone on my bed, the earlier events came to the forefront of my mind.

It was different then though - my perception wasn't clouded by strong emotions. As much as the thought made my teeth grit, I began seeing Nabila's point. Regardless of anything else, I had agreed with Angelo that we weren't committed. In fact, I initially suggested it.

So when Angelo messaged me later that evening asking if he could come over the next day, my response was:

'Sure, looking forward to seeing you!'

. . .

What did you think of this chapter? I love reading comments from y'all, so let me know your thoughts! Also, please support me by voting on the chapter if you enjoyed it, and follow me if you wanna keep up to date with any important announcements.

Till next time!