Chapter 22

Season 1, Episode 24: Operation: Break Out

Feels like it's been forever since I made a chapter in this story. It probably hasn't but for me it's been pretty long.

Schedule for when I update this month:

August 5th and  August 19th

I update every other Thursday in short.

Onto the story:

Splinter and Ruby watch on in silence as Donnie and Raph face off.

"Don't worry, Donnie. I'm in a good mood today. I'll go easy on you." Raph says with a devious smirk.

"Don't do me any favors, Raph." Donnie says before glancing over at April who sat with Leo, Mikey and Nova.

"Um, in fact, maybe you'll be the one who gets gone easy on by me. So yeah." Donnie says awkwardly before spinning his staff expertly.

Ruby shakes her head, 'He tried.' she thought.

"Worst smack talk ever." Mikey whispers to an amused Leo.

"Hajime!" Splinter calls out.

Donnie and Raph go at it for a minute and Donnie manages to take him down surprising himself. Ruby's eyes narrow, "Raph you sweet bun, you." Ruby says softly under her breath so only Splinter heard her.

Splinter nudges Ruby with a smile, he also saw that Raph held back but didn't comment on it.

"Hey! I got him! Mom, April, did you see?" Donnie chirps happily.

April and Ruby nod with a smile.

Raph deciding that enough was enough trips Donnie and uses his sai to hold Donnie hostage and the other to make his hand move.

"Say hi to Mikey. [High- pitched] Hi, Mikey!" Raph says making Donnie wave at Mikey.

"Donnie, ha ha! Amazing! I didn't even see his lips move. He's like a puppet who can throw his voice to himself. Wait." Mikey chirps before trailing off as he realized he didn't make sense.

"Ya Me! Raphael, that is enough." Splinter scolds lightly feeling bad for Donnie.

Raph throws Donnie over his shoulder and sits on his stomach before smirking down at him, "Thanks for going easy on me."

"ugh." Donnie says wiped out.

**Theme song***

The group, and Nova exit out the dojo.

Donnie who was the last one out walks faster to stop Raph, "What the heck was that?" Donnie asks him.

"What? Just having fun. You know how much Mikey loves the Donnie puppet." Raph says nonchalantly.

"Dude! April was watching." Donnie told Raph.

Raph shrugs not caring about April, "Pretty sure she liked it too."

Raph takes notice of Donnie's crestfallen look.

"Dude... Wait, you still think you have a shot with her?" Raph asks surprised.

Donnie sheepishly looks away, rubbing the back of his head, "Well I mean, I-" 

Raph takes a small step back in surprise, "Wow! That is so adorable! And sad. It's sadorable." Raph told Donnie, "If you want to impress April, better leave me out of it." Raph says, he personally disliked April as much as Nova and Ruby. He loved his brother but he wasn't going to play nice for her.

Nova had told Raph all about her trip with Splinter, Ruby and April, and in short it made him like April less. He stayed quiet about it because Nova asked him not to tell Donnie about it, due to him liking April. But Raph will be damn if he's nice to April after how she treated his baby sister.