Chapter 14

Season 1 Episode 13: New Girl in Town

Note: This chapter is mostly going to focus on Ruby, her family and Karai, and Tigerclaw. 

But I count it as a chapter because occasionally I'll follow the storyline but I will have to change some things since most of you commented how you wanted Ruby and Karai to be close and wanted Karai to be a good guy. 

Anyway enjoy.

Ruby, Human Ruby, walks along the streets of New York silently reading a book she had brought just recently. She needed a break after destroying a bunch of droids.

A little girl with short black hair runs in a sad panic and bumps into Ruby's leg causing the little girl to fall to her butt and Ruby to look down at her unfazed.

Ruby puts her bookmark in her book and puts the book in her bag at her waist before offering the small little girl a hand to stand herself up.

The little girl hesitant stares between Ruby and the hand before looking into Ruby's eyes, she saw the eyes of someone who won't hurt her, she saw nurturing eyes that only a mother could have.

She shyly takes Ruby's allowing the woman to help her up.

Ruby kneels so she is at eye level with the little girl, "Hello little one is everything alright?" Ruby asks the little girl. 

The little girl feeling like she could be transparent with Ruby shakes her head.

"Daddy's being mean to me again." The little one said  allowing Ruby to gently dry her eyes with soft handkerchief.

"What do you mean?" Ruby asks her gently checking her for injuries.

"He said he's training me to be a kunoichi. So I can defeat his enemy." The little girl told Ruby.

Ruby looks at the little girl's beautiful brownish gold eyes.

"Is he being too hard on you?" Ruby asks, she knew how it felt to have your dad train you to be a kunoichi, but her dad always knew her limits and never pushed her too hard, especially when she was a child. He'd slowly and gradually would make her training harder until she reached where he wanted her to be, better than him.

"I got big owie and daddy hit me and told me to walk it off." The little girl told Ruby showing Ruby a large wound on her back that she missed.

The little girl begins to sway due to blood loss but Ruby was quick to catch her and she quickly rushed home with the little girl resting in her arms.

****

Ruby makes it to her living room and places the bleeding girl onto the couch, making a mental note to clean it all up later.

She ruses to her kitchen and checks the cabinets for the med kit before rushing into her bedroom to grab her apothecary kit

She ruses to her kitchen and checks the cabinets for the med kit before rushing into her bedroom to grab her apothecary kit. She grabs a towel from her bathroom and rushes into her living room once more.