Chapter 9

Episode 8: The Gauntlet

So I just realized something and some part of me is angry the other part not so much. Mae Whitman the voice of April is also the voice of Tinkerbell. And I love Tinkerbell and Mae Whitman so I'm unsure how to feel about this but I'll get over it.

Enjoy anyway.

Ruby calmly sits in a meditative stance in front of Nova who watches her mother calmly.

Nova had been on a break from Donnie teaching her how to read and write along with other subjects. They found she had a affinity for science but hated the math.

Ruby sighs, she sensed a disturbance but had a feeling it was one she couldn't be bothered with. So she stands up and offers her arms to Nova who eagerly gets into them and she heads to the kitchen.

Meanwhile April was on the surface being chased by a mutant bird thing.

(Theme song) TURTLES OF THE HALF SHELL TURTLE POWER!

Raph and Leo were in the dojo sparring when Donnie comes in with a bright smile.

"Check it out guys!" Donnie says walking in holding something in his arms, Nova by his side holding some also.

Raph and Leo turn to look at Donnie and Nova.

"We're about to take our ninjustu to a whole new level." Donnie exclaims.

"Cool." Leo says before taking the opportunity while Raph is distracted to trip him onto his back.

Donnie stares down at Raph for a second feeling a bit sorry for him before holding up one of the smoke bombs he and Nova were carrying.

"Last night, I figured out how to make ninja smoke bombs!- And Nova helped of course!" Donnie says smiling proudly down at Nova who eagerly nods her head.

Donnie throws one down in front of himself and Nova and they disappear, another is thrown down and they appear behind Leo.

"Whoa." Leo awes as he and Raph stare in shock.

"Now to make'em, We carefully drill two holes into an eggshell without cracking it, slowly blow out the contents, wait for the inside to dry, then pour in flash powder and seal both holes with wax.-" Donnie begins to explain.

"Blah, blah, science, blah. Do it again!" Raph said now standing on his feet and smiling, ecstatic to try one.

"What I'm trying to tell you guys is, they take a long time to make, even with Nova's help, so use them sparingly." Donnie says in a patient tone that reminded them of Ruby's.

"I'm making breakfast! Who wants omelets?" Mikey calls out.

"Omelets?" Donnie asks confused before realizing he left the bowl full of the smoke bombs in the kitchen for Ruby to watch over. "Mikey, don't!" They heard Ruby call out.

The next thing they know Mikey is in front of them carrying the smoke bombs in a bowl.

"Uh, I think that was a rotten egg." Mikey says in awe. 

Ruby shakes her head from where she was standing in the living room.

Leo laughs at Mikey in the background and has to lean against and hug Raph to keep himself steady. Raph shakes his head, amused.

"Those aren't eggs, Mikey. They're ninja smoke bombs." Donnie explains.

Mikey's eyes go wide and a bright smile appears on his face.

"Shut up!" Mikey says in excited disbelief. He drops one to the ground. "This is the best day of my life." Mikey says playing around with them.

"MIKEY STOP!" Donnie yells at him fed up.