Dad

LILAH'S POV

"Lilah's not dead you dumb piece of shit." Elijah curse at Adriano.

"Obviously, nothing can kill her." Adriano retorts.

"Delilah?" He says just as confused to see me as I am, him.

"I thought you finally burned in hell." I say lowering my gun.

"I thought you got hit by a car or something.. Sucks that's not what happened." he replies.

"Why even have kids if you don't know how to take care of them?" I asked curiously. Anger rising in my voice.

"Lilah what's going on? Where are you?" Elijah asks me.

"It wasn't on purpose.. Only reason I kept you was because your whore of a mother wanted you." he told me.

"I don't fucking understand. I watched the house burn.. Is mother alive too?" I asked him another question.

"Mm.. No.. She's long gone. When the house burned down she did too. Wretched bitch." he said rolling his eyes.

"Seem's you still like playing with fire, huh?" I say, noticing how he keeps flicking the lighter in his hand on and off.

"Lilah, if you don't answer I'll be forced to send someone in after you." Elijah warns me.

"I'd love to have a family reunion.. But i'd rather do that when we're all burning in hell. Drop the fucking lighter." I say raising my gun again and he drops it.

Adriano comes in the room with two other people and I notice the gunshots outside are no longer.

"Is this your father?" Adriano asked me.

"No this is my dad. He's never been a father to me." I reply.

"Put your fucking hands up." Adriano tells him and he does just that.

"Wow Delilah.. Who knew you had relations to the Italian mafia? I always thought you'd follow in my footsteps and join-"

"Shut the fuck up you old bastard." I say as I shoot him in the leg.

Not the time for him to be blowing my fucking cover.

He yells in pain as they drag him out of the room.

The shock finally hits me and I feel tears coming to the brim of my eyes.

Coming face to face with a childhood nightmare after so long is not really taking the best toll
on me.

I look down to the lighter he dropped to the floor and it sucks I know exactly what lighter it is..

He fucking kept it.. That sick son of a bitch.

I wipe my eyes and pick up the lighter. Flashbacks from years ago instantly flood my mind.

After a few minutes of terrible reminiscing I finally exit the room.

"Hey I was looking for you." Elijah tells me. "We need to talk."

"I don't really feel like talking right now." I tell him.

"Your dad has some kind of correlation to the Russian Mafia. It doesn't matter if you feel like talking or not." he replied.

"I don't know shit he's been doing.. First time i've seen him in fucking forever. You want me to talk and I just told you everything I fucking know. Nothing." I choke on my words.