Security Detail

THANK YOU FOR 1.5k READS AHHHH.

_________________

ELIJAH'S POV

*3 weeks later*

After saying what I said that night I noticed Lilah started distancing herself from not only me, but everyone..

But I don't think it's what I said that caused it..

LILAH'S POV

It's what Gio said that caused it.

The bruises from that day still remain on my body, and they keep getting worse. I guess that's probably because of how hard I train now.

If it comes down to it and Gio gives me an immediate order to kill him. I'd have to fight off everyone else if I wanted to make it out alive..

But I know that's not going to happen. This whole thing was a suicide mission from the start.

I've also developed some kind of PTSD.. Veronica took me to a doctor and they said it was normal that it was so, delayed..

Apparently it can be delayed by years.. But it sucks that it's deciding to make an appearance now.

That's another reason why I'm distancing myself from everyone else.

I can't be touched, I can't see fire, or i'll go batshit crazy. Being near it.. I would probably break down right then and there. Not to mention gunshots. I know i'm in the mafia and they're pretty frequent, but I just don't trust anyone to have a gun and be behind me. So I always trail the group.

Although, having PTSD isn't so bad when you have people that respect you. Everyone in the house respects my boundaries and I couldn't be more grateful. No one smokes around me anymore and they always keep at least 3 feet of space.

Well everyone except for Elijah.

He just loves provoking me sometimes. Yet.. I don't think he knows I have PTSD. I just think he likes seeing me get pissed off.

I fidget with my hands as I sit in this hella boring meeting..

"Lilah."

I look up when I hear my name. Snapping me out of my thoughts.

Elijah.

"Do you think you're up for it?" he asked me.

"Why do you need security detail when your going to a place you basically own. There's going to be a shit ton of people there who work under you." I replied.

"Just like how we got to Maxim. American's can blend in with us." he replied.

"They sure can." I chuckled.

Now everyone's attention was on me.

I didn't feel intimidated. There's a high possibility I could kill half of the people in here right now before they even lay a hand on me.

In fact I have 5 ways in my mind of how I can kill Elijah from where i'm sitting right now.

"Excuse me?" he asked, his accent thicker than before.

6.

"If we can play dress up, they can too." I replied. I'll be damned if I blow my cover today of all days.

"It's a yes or no question Lilah." his eyebrows furrowed.

"Sure.. I'd love a front row seat for when American's dispatch your ass."