Scars

ELIJAH'S POV

We get back to the private house and she's immediately taken to the medical unit.

I told her I had some things to take care of, and i'd be right over as soon as she got out of surgery.

I head down to the basement where I know Ben and Veronica are waiting, and once I hit the bottom stair everyone comes into view.

"Dimitri you were so right about mercy." I start off. "I showed the slightest bit of mercy to you and your family.. And you fuck me over. I mean it figures.. But, I guess now is the time for payback."

I look at Ben and he goes to retrieve his wife and kid.

"Now I know I can't do all the things you did with Lilah.. But I might be able to match up just the right amount of pain in only a few seconds."

Ben is back by now with the two and they're on their knees.

"Wait-"

"Now these two aren't so innocent either. They help with some of the decisions you make... But.. Not anymore."

Bang.

Bang.

"Wow. You're wife really is drop dead gorgeous." I joke.

"Now i'm gonna make this quick because I have somewhere I else i'd rather be right now. You're gonna spend the next 96 hours in here, looking at nothing except for your dead wife and child. That collar around your neck. It shocks. Anytime you fall asleep it'll shock your ass back awake. If you even try to move your God damn head it'll shock your ass back in place. And when your time is up.. I'll kill you."

"Elijah please-"

"Turn on the collar." I tell Ben and he does.

I set my two latest victims up on the wall facing towards Dimitri. I make sure their eyes are wide open too.

"Enjoy. And try not to shock yourself too much." I say before I head towards the steps.

I ascend them and out of the basement straight to the medical unit.

As soon as I get there Dr. Quille exits the room she's in.

"Every time I see you this girls hurt. You need to do a better job protecting your girlfriend." She say's with a smile.

"I know.. I just keep fucking things up. But hopefully this is the last she's ever like this again." I reply.

"Hopefully. She's okay for the most part. But the damage is really bad. Some of the things Dimitri did to her will be a scar on her body forever.. Like the whip slashes across her back. Some of those will permanently scar.. The cuts on her arm.. They missed the wrist, preserving how much more she could take. If they would've cut her wrist, no doubt in my mind she would have died a few seconds after.. The baby.. Um, it was a  miscarriage. But that was expected due to how much physical trauma her body has been through.. One of those things being rape. I won't go into detail on that. A couple scars on her face will form, due to the amount of times she's been cut on her face. One on her eyebrows and one just below her chin.. We removed the bullets in her shoulder, and thigh. We stitched her up real nice and now all she's need is rest." Dr. Quille lays it all out.

"How much rest?" I ask curiously.

"I recommend at least 3 weeks. But I know how you people operate." she chuckles. "If she does decide to start moving earlier then that, make sure she's careful." She adds.

I nod in return.

"You can head in there whenever you like." She finishes.

"Thank you again." I tell her.

"Of course. Anything to help you and your family." she smiles before walking to her office. I go in and there's someone taking her blood pressure.

I sit in a seat opposite to the bed so the nurse can have space to do whatever she needs to do.

"I'll be back, and we'll do some blood tests." the nurse says before leaving.

I get up and walk over to to her, sitting on the edge of the hospital bed.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Obviously fucking not." she says laughing a little.

There she is.

"When we got Leona sent to the house, we all started getting super worried." I told her.

"You weren't worried before that?" she asks, her smile dropping slightly.

"I was.. I couldn't sleep for a good long time. I was being harder on everyone else.. And the house was just.. Different. Without you there." I told her.

She nods.

She's quieter then I remember.

"Lilah."

I put my hand on her cheek.

"Elijah..."

"I promise you're safe now." She nods slightly as her head goes down just enough so that I can come closer to her.

Our lips connect and it's gentle.

Sweet..

This is the type of kiss to make you fall in love.

But luckily for me..

This is the kiss that makes me realize i'm already in love with her.

She's impacted me in a way nobody else has.

Whether it's her dark humor, or her beautiful smile..

Everything draws me towards her.

And I love that about her..

I love her.

"Is she in here?" Veronica asks outside the door.

She walks in a few seconds later and immediately hugs Lilah.

"Fuck I missed your hair." Veronica speaks first.

"My hair?.." Lilah says confused.

"Your hugs! That's what I meant. Sorry i'm tired." she smiles.

Vee hugs her again and this one lasts longer.

"You don't know how badly I missed you. I've been harassing Elijah for the past month about you." she tells her.

Lilah doesn't say anything.

"Hey you okay?" Vee asks her.

"Mhm." She hums in response, a small smile playing at her lips.

Her and Lilah talk..Well it's more Veronica talking and Lilah listening..

Veronica leaves after like 20 minutes for bed, leaving Lilah and I alone again. But not before giving her the bag of snacks Greyson brought. He was too shy to give it to her himself..

I sit in a chair right beside the bed and allow Lilah to have some space.

I kinda have to restrict myself because Lord knows i'd be showering her in hugs and kisses right about now.