Assassin

*A week later*

ELIJAH'S POV

It's almost 11 at night and I can't stop thinking about Lilah.

I'm super pissed at her, but I just can't get her off my mind.

I lean back in my seat taking a break from signing papers that won't matter in 9 years.

My doors open and the next second and Ben walks in laughing.

"What's so funny?" I ask curiously.

"You done fucked up Elijah. I'm just imagining your reaction to this video." Ben places his laptop down. He does some typing and then turns the laptop towards me.

"When was this?" I ask him, when Lilah appears on the screen.

"Take a guess." Ben scoffs.

I watch the video and it's the night Lilah cheated on me..

Correction.

The night she got sexually assaulted.

"Well Fuck."

Ben laughs.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck. Where's Damien?" I ask him.

"He's uh.. He's with Lilah. Don't worry. He's dead already." Ben replies coming down from his laughing high.

"And where is she?.." I ask another question.

"The pool.. It's gonna start raining soon so.. Don't slip, fall and bust your ass." Ben tells me before taking his lap top and leaving.

I get up after I finally process everything that went down, and head to the back of the house.

I exit the door and walk over silently, stopping only a few feet away.

"Need something?" she asks me taking a sip of what seems to be a mimosa.

"You." I reply.

She dumps the rest of her drink on Damien and stands up.

She pushes him in the pool then  pulls a lighter out of her pant pocket and sets him on fire.. Well more of the whole pool on fire. And as if it were on queue it starts raining.

She sighs in disappointment seeing the fire on his body being put out.

She combs her hair back with her hand. "Goodnight Elijah." she walks back to the pool house.

"Fuck." I say under my breath.

I walk over to the pool house and walk in.

She's undressing and changing into dryer clothes and I can't do anything but stare.

It's obvious Damien put up a fight with Lilah. I can see the marks on her skin.. her beautiful skin.

"You're staring." she brings it into my attention, grabbing a towel to dry her hair.

"I'm so sorry." I apologize.

"For the staring or?..."

"For everything.. I should've believed you. But the fact you didn't say anything at first threw me off." I explain to her. "It's cool." she replies heading to the tiny kitchen.

She opens the fridge and grabs a water bottle. "That's it?.." I ask confused.

"What else am I supposed to say? Actually.. You know i've done a lot of thinking recently. And everything you said was true. I needed a wake up call."