CHAPTER 22

After Klaus's and Alexa's intense fight, and breakup, Klaus is sitting behind the desk in the study. He's never felt heartbroken. He checks his phone. No text messages or phone calls from Alexa.

Klaus gets up and walks out of the study, and slowly walks inside to see Alexa's dress divider gone, and the dresser opened. Alexa's clothes are gone as well.

Klaus sits down on the bed and glances at the picture frame of him and Alexa's wedding picture.

Feeling vulnerable and angry, Klaus walks out of his and Alexa's bedroom.

Out and about in the French Quarter, Aurora de Martel is wandering around. Suddenly, Klaus vamp-speeds her into a dark alley. The two exes exchange intense expressions at each other.

"How did it go with Alexa, my Love?" says Aurora with a sly mischievous smirk.

"You're pathetic." says Klaus, bitterly.

"Pathetic, am I? Or are you a bit saddened about your precious Alexa?" Aurora says.

"You and I may have slept together, Aurora, but you are nothing to me." Klaus says.

"But I love you." Aurora says. "And I know you love me."

⚜️⚜️

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Klaus and Skylar exchange intense expressions at each other.

"Skylar?" Klaus asks.

"Don't." Skylar says, giving him a straight face. "You are a fucking asshole." and walks away from him.

⚜️⚜️

Out and about in the French Quarter, Alexa is atop of building's rooftop.

"Alexa?" Klaus says.

Alexa looks at him, glumly. "Go home, Niklaus."

"Alexa, I know I hurt you. And I betrayed our marriage." Klaus says, and sighs to himself. "I'm not asking you to forgive me, I just needed you to know that I'm sorry."

Alexa slowly spreads out her arms. Klaus looks at her, confused.

"Alexa? What the hell are you doing?" asked Klaus

"Alexa? What the hell are you doing?" asked Klaus. "I'm not kidding, get down from there."

With her arms spread out, Alexa turns around and looks at Klaus, and gently falls backwards off the rooftop. Klaus vamp-speeds after her, and catches her in his arms, bridal style. Klaus and Alexa exchange soft expressions at each other as he puts her down.

"Thanks." Alexa says, and walks away from him.

"Alexa?" Klaus says, and vamp-speeds in front of her. "Why did you do that?"