CHAPTER 13

ST. JAMES INFIRMARY SAFE HOUSE

After resurrecting Esther, she's sitting at a chair with a blank expression.

"So, you've brought me back from the dead, to harm me?" Esther says, sarcastically.

"Of course not, dear mother." Elijah says.

"Hello, dear Mom." Klaus says, sarcastically, and slowly walking inside. "It's lovely to see you."

"It's lovely to see you too, Niklaus." Esther says. "So, where's my dear sister, Dahlia?"

"It's simple. My siblings and I need you to weaken Dahlia." Klaus says, and leans into Esther's ear. "So, I slaughter the both of you."

"You except me to show myself to Dahlia." Esther says.

Klaus looks at Elijah and Rebekah and walks away. Elijah walks after him.

"Niklaus?" Elijah says.

"I'll be right back, Elijah." Klaus says.

Elijah gently nods. And Klaus walks away from him.

⚜️⚜️

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

In Klaus's and Alexa's bedroom, Alexa is sitting on the ottoman, spaced out. Klaus slowly walks inside with a glum expression.

"What is it, Niklaus?" Alexa says.

"I wanted to check on you and Mallory." Klaus says.

"Mallory and I are fine." Alexa says, without looking at him. "I'll be here. Safely."

Klaus slowly walks away from Alexa, and walks out of the compound.

A few minutes later . . . .

After defeating Dahlia, and Esther, Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah are sitting in the study.

"Well, I say we can relax ourselves." Rebekah says, drinking bourbon. "Dahlia is gone, Mother dearest Esther is gone . . . ." and glances at Klaus, who sits across from Rebekah with a glum expression. ". . . . how are you and Alexa? Had another intense fight?"

"Something like that. I don't want to fight with Alexa." Klaus says.

Rebekah looks at Klaus with a soft gentle smile. "You and Alexa loves each other. And yes, you and Alexa fight sometimes, but you love Alexa, and she loves you."

Klaus smiles softly at Rebekah. And glances at Elijah, who gently smiles softly at him.

Klaus gets up and walks away.

⚜️⚜️

In Klaus's and Alexa's bedroom, Alexa is laying on their bed. Klaus slowly walks inside and lays down behind her, gently wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Dahlia?" Alexa says.

"She's been eliminated." Klaus says, and sits up straight. "I don't want to go to bed mad at you."

Alexa looks at him, and sits up straight. "Me neither, Klaus. And I get it, you want to protect me and Mallory. But I can protect myself."

"I know you can. But I can a bit overprotective sometimes." Klaus says.

"Yeah." Alexa says.

Klaus and Alexa exchange soft expressions at each other and they kiss. Gently pulling away from the affectionate kiss, Klaus and Alexa gently cups each other's faces and kisses each other.