CHAPTER 09

MIKAELSON SAFE-HOUSE

Arriving at the safe house that evening, Alexa has put a sleeping baby Mallory in her makeshift crib in an empty bedroom, which is across from Alexa's bedroom.

A few minutes after, in the living room, Alexa is sitting on the sofa, playing a computer game on her laptop.

A gentle knock is on the door. Alexa pauses her computer game and sets down her laptop on the coffee table. And gets up and walks up to the door.

"Who is it?" Alexa asks.

"It's me, Little Faerie." says Klaus.

Alexa opens the door. She and Klaus exchange soft expressions at each other.

"Klaus?" Alexa says. Klaus slowly walks inside the safe house as Alexa closes the door.

"I'll leave in the morning. I wanted to see you. Make sure you're and Mallory are safe." Klaus says.

"Okay. Mallory is asleep." Alexa says. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay." Klaus says.

Alexa kisses Klaus's cheek and walks away from him. But stops and turns around and looks at him.

"You wanna play a game?" Alexa asks.

"Sure." Klaus says.

⚜️⚜️

Alexa's Outfit

Alexa's Outfit

In the living room that night, Klaus and Alexa are playing a board game at the coffee table. With her wine glass and his small glass of bourbon.

Klaus and Alexa exchange playfully chuckles as they drink their alcoholic drinks and plays the board game.

Baby Mallory cries from her bedroom.

"I got it." Klaus says, getting up and walks away.

Inside baby Mallory's bedroom, Klaus is gently cradling baby Mallory in his arms. Baby Mallory calms down a little and stops crying.

Klaus kisses baby Mallory's forehead as she slowly sleeps. And gently puts her back inside her makeshift crib.

Klaus gazed at baby Mallory as she sleeps. He smiles softly to himself and slowly walks away.

Walking back inside the living room, Klaus sits back down at the coffee table.

"You didn't cheat did you?" Klaus asks.

"Nope. How's Mallory?" Alexa asks.

"She's fine. Cried a little, but she's fine." Klaus says.