Chapter 15 ~ Not An Everyday Occurrence

Pure Hope ~ Chapter 15 ~ Not An Everyday Occurrence

Recap: (Bliss's P.O.V.) I hit him with my daughter's car. I was staring at Matt Daze. "What are you?" His flesh was rotting away everywhere on his body. His cheek bone was barely exposed. Matt's rotting flesh was a pasty white with a tint of grey.

"The technical term is, 'The Hunger.' Basically if you didn't know, The Hunter is evil. He's power-hungry & made Bree create an army for him. He wants to rule the world, Bliss. The Hunger is rising, babe," Matt said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Bliss's P.O.V.

"So, the Hunter wants to take over the world?" I asked Matt.

We were both walking down a random road in the dead of night. Thanks to Matt, I couldn't drive Hope's car because it was totaled. I blamed Matt for standing in the middle of the freaking road. What an idiot. Then again, maybe it was a good thing we didn't have the car. I don't know if I could stomach the idea of sitting next to him in a small car.

Every instinct told me to run. I wanted to bolt & get as far away from Matt as humanly possible. But I had to find Hope & Matt would lead me to her. Dean had to have taken Hope & if Matt wanted to find Dean, I was coming with him as painful as it would be.

He nodded. "I learned a lot about the Hunter from Bree."

"What's the deal with you & her?" I asked without thinking. Why was I willingly having a conversation with him? I couldn't believe I was having a polite chat with the dead guy that wanted me dead years ago. What was happening to the world?

Matt glared at me.

Well, it wasn't a polite conversation, but still it was a conversation. I shook my head.

"I died for the second time when Dean & I fell off of the cliff. That was exactly what Bree wanted, for me to die so her could turn me into the Hunger & that was what she did. But she didn't want to send me to the Hunter. Believe it or not, Bree was my friend & so she told me to stay in her cottage. I wanted to leave but she put a spell on me, compelling me to stay in her small cottage until she said otherwise. After twenty years, I finally convinced her to let me go," he told me, looking straight ahead.

We walked in silence for a few streets.

Finally I sighed. "If the Hunter is so powerful & all, does he have the power to turn you human again?" I wondered, silently hoping the answer would be no. I know I'd been talking with him, but I still hated his guts & hoped he stayed dead.

He smirked, probably guessing my thoughts. His eyes narrowed. "No, as far as I know it's impossible for me to be human again. But there are other rumors..." he paused to smirk at my curious expression. "The rumor is, the Hunter has enough power to turn a vampire or werewolf back into a human."

I raised my eyebrows. He had that much power? How much power did you need to change someone back to a human, anyway? I furrowed my eyebrows.

"But I doubt he'd willingly turn your precious Heart into a human."

Now it was my turn to glare. I didn't say anything. I couldn't even find Dylan. Even if he wanted to be a human again, that wasn't going to happen. I wasn't that skilled.

"So...another rumor I heard is that the Hunter captured Heart. Is it true?" he asked nonchalantly, hazel eyes practically sparkling.

"Dylan is back at home, of course he never got captured," I lied. I didn't want to give Matt the satisfaction that I'd been alone without Dylan for twenty years. I didn't want Matt smirking because he thought Dylan was dead.