Chapter 18 ~ The Rescue Plan

Pure Hope ~ Chapter 18 ~ The Rescue Plan

Recap: (Hope’s P.O.V.) “How are we supposed to find the Hunter’s hideout?” I asked.

Matt glanced at me. “You can tell us where to go,” he said. We all started walking

(Ambition’s P.O.V.) “Do vampires & werewolves exist?”

“Yes,” Vikki said.

“Do you know where Raeann James lives?” I asked.

Just then, there was a knock at the door. I jumped out of my seat at the kitchen able & ran to the front door.

“Are you okay!?” I asked when I saw him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ambition’s P.O.V.

Xavier looked like he‘d been hit by a truck. Well, not literally, he just looked exhausted. He was standing in my doorway with his light brown hair in every direction. There were bags under his light brown eyes. He was breathing heavily through his nose, leaving him a crazed & almost hysterical look. I could barely tell that he was fighting to hold back a few tears.

“Xavier? Are you okay?” I asked again when he didn’t say anything.

As if taken out of a trance, Xavier nodded fiercely. “Yeah, but we still need to find Hope,” he said loudly, making me cringe.

I stepped aside. “Come in & we’ll talk. I think I have a plan that you could help me with,” I told him.

He hesitantly walked in, shutting the door behind him. Motioning to the couch, I started to walk forward, shocked when Xavier stumbled. “I’m just going to take a wild guess & say that you couldn’t sleep either?”

He grunted & sat down on the couch. “What plan were you talking about?”

“Okay…just bare with me,” I told him, preparing him for the worst.

Bliss’s P.O.V.

Matt stifled a laugh as I almost tripped over a branch. I sent him a threatening glare. “Wipe that smirk off of your face, Daze,” I said in my harshest voice.

He rolled his eyes & mimicked my tone of voice, “Watch where you walk, Collins.”

Hope whispered something to Dean & he nodded. My eyebrows raised. “What?” I asked curiously.

Hope blushed & looked away. Dean wordlessly handed Hope a travel mug. Then he turned to me when he realized that I still had no idea. “She needs blood.”

I tried not to shudder, looking straight ahead. Maybe it was time for a subject change…

“What ever happened to Dani?” I heard myself ask. I’d been wondering about that for awhile. I glanced at Dean, his expression emotionless.

“Honestly, I don’t know. She ran off with this guy, Adrian, which she turned vamp. Haven’t seen her for years,” he said. Even though he was trying to appear emotionless, he still obviously felt a tinge of hurt from Dani leaving.

He glanced at me & asked, “What happened to your friend, Emma? Anyone ever find her?”

Now it was my turn to turn emotionless. “I killed her,” I told him.

Hope quietly gasped & stared at me openmouthed. “What are you talking about, Mom?”

“She was going to kill me, so I killed her first,” I said as memories consumed me.