Chapter 20 ~ We All Fall Down

Pure Hope ~ Chapter 20 ~ We All Fall Down

Recap: (Raeann’s P.O.V.) Dylan Heart was still locked away deep in the Hunter’s hideout. The Hunter broke Dylan, changed his view on life itself.

As for Adam James, my dear brother, he had also been captured by the Hunter. I’ve never tried to break them out though- it would be pointless.

Standing near the entrance of the tunnel was Bliss Collins, & three other people.

“Hope?!” Ambition & Xavier both shouted.

We all stared at each other in silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bliss’s P.O.V.

It had been twenty-three years since I’d seen Raeann James & there I was staring at her with an open mouth. Seeing Raeann again wasn’t what shocked me the most though. I had no idea why Raeann was standing with my son & my daughter’s friend.

“Ambition? Xavier? What are you doing here?” Hope asked, running over to them. “Who are you?” she glanced at Raeann.

I walked over to them also. “What are you doing here?” I asked Raeann, obvious annoyance in my voice.

“I was going to help them track down your daughter.”

“Where were you?” Ambition & Xavier both demanded, hugging Hope in a tight embrace.

Hope looked at them & said, “Okay, don’t freak out.

Once everyone understood what had happened & what we planned to do next, most of us were arguing with someone. It was getting pretty loud with everyone raising their voice.

“Why didn’t you go home & tell us?” Xavier demanded, a hurt expression on his face as he looked at Hope.

“You turned my sister into a vampire?” Ambition sneered at Dean while putting a protective hand on Hope’s shoulder.

“Alright! That’s enough shouting,” I told everyone. The noise stopped completely.

Raeann sighed, looking really stressed. “Bliss, if you try to stop the Hunter, he’ll kill you all. It just can’t be done. I’ve known he’s been planning something for awhile now, but he just can’t be stopped.”

I stared at her, suddenly furious. “You haven’t even tried! There’s always a way. There was a way that you could have saved Dylan twenty-three years ago, but you didn’t even try! You just stabbed everyone in the back & walked away from our lives.”

“I didn’t know what else to do!” she shouted back at me.

“You could have not stabbed him! You could have not left him to be tortured! Dylan could be dead right now & it would be your fault! You didn‘t just betray me, you didn‘t just betray Dylan, you also betrayed Lucas!”

The forest was eerily quiet. I could only hear my deep breathing as I recovered from my outburst. I was pretty shocked at the things I’d shouted at her. I wasn’t planning on playing the Lucas-card. I wasn’t even planning on yelling at her, period. The look on Raeann’s face showed me all of the guilt & self-loathing she still felt. Despite my pain, I couldn’t be mad at her. I was sorry for her, but not sorry for scolding her.

“There aren’t words,” she began saying, sounding small & helpless, “to describe how much I wish I could rewind time.” She let out a breath & finally met my gaze. “I’m so sorry.”