Chapter 30 ~ The Truth

Pure Hope ~ Chapter 30 ~ The Truth

Recap: (Bliss’s P.O.V.) “I can’t change how he feels, Vikki.”

“No!” she shouted. “You’ve got to try talking to him again. Dylan just can’t feel that way! I know he still loves you…”

“I’ll talk to him.”

(Hope’s P.O.V.) Even though I’d felt a spark, there was no way I could date Xavier! “I love him but I’m not in love with him. He’s only a friend.”

“Are you going to break up with Skyler?”

“I think I have to.”

I collapsed on the couch, almost instantly falling into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raeann’s P.O.V.

I was only in the hospital for about two hours.

Much to my dislike, I was still a werewolf after all of these years. We werewolves heal a whole lot faster than humans do. My three broken ribs & right arm were already completely healed. Why go to the hospital, then, you ask? Well, since I heal so quickly, my poor arm healed in an unnatural position. The doctors had to re-brake it & straighten it up again.

My arm was as good as new by the time I made it to my car. I was relieved that one of the Night Slayers was kind enough to drop off my car in the hospital parking lot.

When I shut the car door, I immediately ditched the itchy cast, throwing it out the window before I started the car.

I winced as I slowly bent my right arm. I knew it would hurt for a few days even though it was recovered. Same goes for my beat up body. The cuts & bruises were gone but I was still super sore, feeling kind of like I’d just had a big workout. As amazing as the werewolf power of healing is, I always get annoyed at the slight pain that lingers a little longer.

I shrugged away the temporary pain & drove away, passing the speed limit. I had far better things to do than fuss over a freaking sting in my arm, like having a chat with the Hunter. Bliss knew what I was going to do, of course. In fact, she’d asked me to do it before we arrived at the hospital.

After driving about a half an hour, I was finally back in the forest, parked a few feet away from the hidden underground entrance. Getting out of my car, I scanned my surroundings. There wasn’t anyone around but I locked my car anyway, double checking that I had my knife hidden in a strap underneath the back of my shirt. The knife was there, easy to grab. It was go time.

I had no desire to be in the presence of that monster of a man. But I had to talk to him. The Hunter knew something that both Bliss & I needed to know. He would tell me the truth whether he liked it or not. I was in charge now.

I flipped my white-blonde hair out of my eyes & started to climb down the hole in the ground. My destination was the room with the prison cells where the Night Slayers were keeping the Hunter.

“One way or another he’ll tell me the truth. I’ll make sure of it. Now, keep searching!” I shouted at one of the Night Slayers.

The young woman’s eyes widened as she jerked her head up & down, attempting a nod. “Yes, Ma’am!” she shrilly said & turned to leave.

I raised my eyebrows & checked if she was maybe talking to someone else in the room. Nope, she’d been talking to me, I was now alone in the small dungeon-like room. “Huh,” I muttered to myself. “Ma’am… That’s more like it!” I could get used to that kind of respect. All of the Night Slayers were treating me like a leader ever since they found out the Hunter was bad news. So, in a total of maybe three hours, Night Slayers have suddenly started calling me things like, ‘ma’am’ & saying, ‘of course, right away.’ It was a little strange but totally fine by me.