Chapter 17 ~ As Crazy As It Seems

Pure Hope ~ Chapter 17 ~ As Crazy As It Seems

Recap: (Bliss’s P.O.V.) “No, I told you, the Hunter can’t die!” Matt shouted at me.

“Mom is right, we don’t know for sure that the Hunter can die. We’ve got to at least try & stop him. Mom & I are going to kill him or at least stop his plan. It’s the only way to save the world,” Hope said.

“We’re all going to die,” Matt declared.

I was going to demand the Hunter turn Hope back into a human.

& not to mention, rescue Dylan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ambition’s P.O.V.

I didn’t know a lot of things about my mom. I had no idea what her diary was about, I didn’t understand anything. She’d said that she could still talk to this guy, Lucas but he was dead. What the hell was I supposed to make of that? Then she talked about how this Dylan guy is probably being tortured by this Hunter guy. & who is this Matt guy? She’d written that police thought that Matt might have kidnapped Dylan?

I had a headache…

I groaned & turned the page of mom’s old diary. There was another entry but it was short. My eyes scanned the page;

Dear Diary,

I still haven’t found Dylan. It’s been fourteen years since he’s been locked away.

I don’t understand why I can’t find the Hunter’s hideout or whatever I should call it. It shouldn’t be this hard.

Seb, Scarlett, & Julian are helping Adam & I search for Dylan. Even though we still haven’t found him, Seb & the other werewolves have been a big help.

Maybe this will be my last diary entry… it’s not exactly normal for a thirty-two year old women to write in her high school diary, but it makes me feel a little better to just get everything off my chest.

I have two beautiful children- Hope is eight & Ambition is six. They mean the world to me. One day I’ll tell them about my past, when they’re older & can understand that vampires & werewolves exist. It’ll be hard to tell them that I got kidnapped when I was a teenager & it’ll be hard to tell them every other secret there is. But they need to know eventually- I want them to know everything. I hate lying to them. I have to tell them I’m going to an Art Gallery when over half the time I’m gone, I’m looking for Dylan. One day, I’ll tell them.

~Bliss

My breath caught as I read the last paragraph. ‘One day I’ll tell them about my past, when they’re older & can understand that vampires & werewolves exist.’ I didn’t understand…

Hope’s P.O.V.

“How are we supposed to find the Hunter’s hideout?” I asked anyone who was listening.

All four of us hadn’t moved since we’d decided what to do about the Hunter.

Matt glanced at me. “You can tell us where to go,” he said.

The map was still sketched into my memory, but I wasn’t sure I could tell them. Earlier, I could say, ‘I’m a Night Slayer,’ out loud without choking. I didn’t understand why though, when I got the message from my nightmare mirror image, she’d said that I was compelled & literally couldn’t tell anyone about anything.