Chapter 16 ~ Tired Of Secrets

Pure Hope ~ Chapter 16 ~ Tired Of Secrets

Recap: (Ambition’s P.O.V.) Mom’s diary? Why did Hope have our mother’s old diary under her pillow? Curious, I opened the diary & began to read. (Hope’s P.O.V.) “Mom?” I said, confused.

“Matt?” Dean shouted.

“Hope?” Mom whispered.

“Dean?” the Halloween guy said. Then he looked at me, a slow smile on his face. “Bliss, you never told me you had a daughter. She looks just like you,” he smirked.

Then I saw something that was definitely not an everyday occurrence. My mother punched the Halloween guy in the face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bliss’s P.O.V.

Matt almost fell backwards from the force of my fist smacking into his jaw. I punched him so hard it made my hand throb a little, but I was satisfied with the pain I’d caused him.

Regaining his balance, he smirked & said, “I neglected to mention that I have absolutely no feeling left in my body. Just so you know…” My eyes glowered as I sneered at him. Now my hand hurt for nothing!

“Stay away from my daughter,” I told Matt with my jaw clenched.

He responded by giving me a stupid smile, adding to his creepiness with his rotting flesh.

Dean took a step closer to Matt. “Why the hell aren’t you dead right now?” he demanded, looking dumbfounded.

Matt tilted his head. “Actually, I am dead right now. Thanks to you.”

“You’re undead,” Dean muttered to himself, looking like he finally understood.

“Bree,” Matt said, making Dean’s eyes widen.

Suddenly my daughter stepped forward. “What’s going on?” she demanded, arms crossed.

I put my hand on her shoulder, hoping to comfort her. She’d been through so much in the last day, being kidnapped by Dean, down to finding out that vampires & zombies exist.

“It’s okay now, Hope. We’re going home & everything will go back to the way it was,” I told her, squeezing her shoulder.

Her light blue eyes met mine. “I can’t go home, mom… I’m a vampire.”

Hope’s P.O.V.

Mom’s expression changed several times after I told her I was a vampire. By the time her shock & silence sunk in, I’d come to the conclusion that she was utterly horrified. Horrified & confused beyond belief.

She looked at me for awhile & then turned to Dean. When she spoke, her voice was quiet, almost a whisper. “You turned my daughter into a vampire.” She still sounded confused, like she didn’t believe it.

Dean looked back at my mother. “Not intentionally,” he said in a monotone voice.

A few minutes passed in silence. No one moved. I could only hear mom’s quiet breathing. For some reason, it calmed me.

When I glanced at mom again, she was deep in thought. But she didn’t look angry…she didn’t look happy either. Just neutral. Maybe she was accepting the facts. I had no idea, I only hoped she wasn’t too upset.

Suddenly broken out of her deep thinking, her eyes widened. “Where did you get that necklace?” she demanded.

My hands flew up to my neck to feel a heart shaped piece of metal. It was the necklace that the Hunter had given me. “From…from a friend,” I lied not very smoothly.