Chapter 23 ~ Would You Rather

Pure Hope ~ Chapter 23 ~ Would You Rather

Recap: (Dean’s P.O.V.) Now I knew the truth, we all knew the truth. The Hunter could only die in old age & that meant that we were all completely screwed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dean’s P.O.V.

“That…can’t be true. There has to be a way the Hunter can be killed!” Bliss said, breaking the long silence in Bree’s small cottage.

Bree stood up from the old wooden chair & glanced at Bliss before saying, “I never said that Harrison Collins can’t be killed. He can die only two ways.”

“Two ways?” I found myself saying. In the 1954 spell, Bree had said that the only way the Hunter could die is in old age. What was the other way?

“Every spell has a back door. A way out. Harrison can die of old age or if the spell is lifted, I’m sure someone would kill him. Once the spell is lifted, the magic doesn’t protect him anymore. The spell already can’t carry on because Hope has died.”

“But, I’m not-” Hope began.

“Yes, my dear, you are dead. You may be a vampire & are still able to talk to us but your heart is no longer beating.”

“How can we lift the spell?” Bliss demanded, eyes wide with hope.

Bree sighed. “It won’t be easy. Lifting spells take so much power. I’ve become far too weak to break the spell by myself. You’ll need another witch that shares my blood since I cast the spell.”

“But…I thought your family was dead,” Xavier frowned.

“Thomas killed my family & kidnapped me. But my brother escaped. My twin brother is still alive.”

Ambition’s P.O.V.

So basically, we needed to track down this witch’s brother so they can take away some spell. That’s apparently the only option we have because the Hunter will try to take over the world before he dies of old age. My sister was still an undead vampire. Mom was freaking out. Dean was a little too close to Hope for my liking. & I was pretty sure that Xavier wanted to be the one that was close to Hope instead of Dean. This day really sucked!

Everyone seemed to be talking in separate little groups. I wasn’t talking to anyone, just lost in my own thoughts when she approached me. I jerked in surprise as Bree’s white hair came into focus. Her thin lips turned up, making her look like she was in pain or something.

“Ambition, is it?” Her voice was hoarse & scratchy. She cleared her throat. I gave a short nod, waiting for her to continue. She opened her mouth but then closed it again. I could tell that she wanted to say something.

I arched an eyebrow. “Was there something you wanted to say?” I said, my voice coming out harsher than I’d planned. I knew I was being rude. My tone of voice & my body language probably screamed, ‘go away!’ I didn’t care if she was older than me, she’d have to deal that I was being rude. Bree gave me a bad vive. There was something about her that left me feeling uneasy.

Bree sighed, cleared her throat again. “You want your sister to become a human again, correct?” The random question caught me off guard. I frowned, looking at her in confusion. She continued, “I would be willing to change her back if that’s what you want.”

It was too good of a deal, simple as that. “What’s the catch?”

Her bluish violet eyes seemed to sparkle. She’d noticed my interest, no doubt. “Just convince Dean to let me change him back into a human too.”