Chapter 22

Mike's POV

"Mike!"

"Mike! Wake up!" a familiar voice called him. As my headache decreased, I managed to control myself. I slowly opened my eyes. Suddenly, I realised that's there's a person in front of me whom I least expected. It was Clemont uncle.

"Clem...ont uncle?" I managed to speak.

"Mike, are you fine?! Oh god, we all were scared here." he replied. I slowly move my head around and notice the surroundings. Some people in white coats were around me and the place was not hospital anymore. I then realized; I was in the science centre... of the future.

Upon realizing, I quickly stood up on my legs and looked around with sweat on my forehead.

"Mike, what happened?" Clemont asked.

"What am I doing here!?" I asked with shock.

"What do you mean? You're back to your present." He replied.

"But why am I back here? I didn't do anything to bring me back to the present." I said.

"Mike listen. The time dilutor was fluctuating. Simply saying, it was dangerous for you to stay there for long. And we didn't do anything from our side. It was the dilutor. It forced you to make you come back to time. And why are you being sad?" he asked, to which, I exploded with cry. Everyone was shocked, including Clemont.

I was crying. Crying hard. Not because I am back, because I couldn't say them goodbye. Goodbye to my friends of the past. My mom, who went through so much things. My dad, who did so much for mom to make her happy. Gary, my uncle, who never left the side of dad, even in the most worsen situation. Dawn, my aunt, who never stopped supporting Gary, and never left him alone, even today. My both grandmas. Though they might have been into bad scenarios earlier, but they cared for every one of us.

Uncle Clemont rushed towards me and bent down.

"Mike, what happened?!" he asked.

"Just tell me one thing, you knew about mom and dad's tumour?" I asked, with tears continuously drawing from my eyes.

"I...... yes." He replied.

"I WANTED TO STAY THERE FOR SOME MORE TIME! I WANTED TO SEE MOM AND DAD AGAIN. I WANTED TO APPOLOGIZE TO THEM. I WANTED TO TELL THEM THE TRUTH. I WANTED TO GIVE THEM A PERFECT GOODBYE! I WANTED TO... WANTED TO... wanted to...." I just collapsed on him and started crying.

He covers me around his arms and started caressing my hair.

"It's OK Mike. It's OK..." Clemont said. I could feel he also wanted to cry.

But now... everything is done. I am back to the present, leaving behind the beautiful past of mom and dad's childhood. I have regrets. Many regrets...

I am sorry....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was now on my way back to my home. Those 3 days I spent there, made me little weird now. Not gonna lie, it's pretty weird to see this much of development as compared to 25 years ago. As I was walking, I noticed the ground where the spring festivals were used to be held. It's now completely barren land, with nothing. Just silence.

I continued walking and noticed the place where mom's mansion was used to me. Now it has an IT building there. Things had changed a lot.

As I was about to reach, I noticed Dawn aunty approaching me. She hadn't changed at all. Just taller, and more mature. But everything is original. As she was approaching me, I could see the 25 years ago Dawn coming to me. I smiled in my mind. I guess, some memories can't be erased.