𝘃𝗶𝗶

Valerie let out a loud gasp as she rubbed her eyes, she fell backwards as Deena began panting.

"What the hell was that?" Valerie asked as she gasped for air.

A police siren was coming close and Valerie's eyes widened as her and Deena looked at each other.

"Sheriff Goode!" Deena quietly exclaimed as Valerie's eyes focused on the cop car.

Deena and Valerie quickly made their way towards Josh as Sherrif Goode made his way towards him.

"Josh!" Deena shouted, she quickly grabbed her younger brother by the collar and dragged him away from the sheriff.

The three began running through the woods, looking for a place to hide. They quickly hid behind a tree as Josh's eyes widened.

"The hell?!" Josh shouted and the two girls quickly shushed him.

"It's him." Deena whispered as Josh's eyes went wider.

"Josh!" Nick yelled as he limped around the woods, "Your sister and Valerie are very confused.

"His dad and his grandpa and his great grandpa." Deena continued to whisper as she tried to explain what was going on.

"What?" Josh whispered back as Nick's voice was getting closer to them.

"They're clearly suffering from some kind of a..breakdown." Nick suggested, as Valerie let out a scoff.

"They need help!" He shouted as the trio continued to hide.

"Josh?!" Nick continued to shout.

"Goode is evil!" Deena exclaimed and Josh's face became confused.

"That's a sentence I never thought I'd hear, 'good is evil' get it?" Valerie asked as she tried to crack a joke to lighten the mood a little.

The trio had tricked Nick, by snapping a branch and placing some shoes there instead. They quickly ran into the cop car, Valerie diving into the back.

"We went back in time. I was Sarah Fier, and Sarah Fier was innocent." Deena quickly summarised as Valerie nodded.

"And I was Mary Fier, her sister." Valerie added, as Deena drove them along.

"She isn't turning people in Shadyside into killers. She wasn't a witch!" Deena exclaimed as the radio made a noise.

"We have a 5150 in possession of car 961. Suspects on their way." A woman spoke over the radio in a bored tone.

"Josh! Listen! Solomon Goode-" Deena began, before Josh cut her off, "Who?!"

"Nick Goode's Pilgrim ancestor." Valerie informed and Josh looked more confused

"He made a deal with the devil, then framed Sarah to cover his own Puritan ass." Deena explained as she looked in car mirror, wiping her bloody nose.

"Deena!" Valeria and Josh yelled as the lights turned red, only for Deena to speed up and continue driving.

"The Goodes, they're reading us. People from Shadyside." Deena continued, "Goode gives a name to the devil. The devil take overs that person. Then that person kills and murders. And the devil feeds on this blood of dead Shadysiders."

Valerie sat back in her seat, wanting to kill Sheriff Goode. He was the cause of Heather, Kate and Simon dying. He was to blame.

"And Goode gets whatever he wants. He becomes Sheriff. His brother becomes mayor. All of Sunnyvale gets better and better." Deena continued as Josh began to understand.

"And Shadyside doesn't." Josh understood and Valerie gave a sad nod.

"And the Goodes do it over and over, again and again." Valerie added, "One Goode from every generation passing down the evil."

"Solomon.." Deena begun, "Solomon's son. Firstborn to firstborn."

"Wait Sheriff Goode isn't-" Valerie began before Josh cut her off.

"So, Sarah Fier-" Josh began as he continued to understand.

"He framed her!" Deena exclaimed, "She's the only one who's ever figured out the truth..until us."

"And the killers came after us to keep us from uncovering it." Josh concluded.

"Yes, to protect Goode's deal with the Devil." Deena added, as Valerie ran her hand through her hair. This was gonna be a long night.

"But..but, Deena?" Josh asked and his sister turned to him, "Yeah, Josh?"

"If the killers were after us before..now that we know the truth, now that we know about Goode's deal..what happens now?" Josh asked as Valerie realised what he was speaking about. They were going to die.

 They were going to die