𝗶

Mary Fier stood near her brother Henry waiting for Sarah to return to help with the birth of the piglets.

"Sarah!" Henry shouted, trying to get their sisters attention.

"Sarah!" Mary shouted much louder, and soon Sarah joined the two in the pig hut to help them.

"There's one more it's breached." Henry told their sister, as Mary kept an eye on the other piglets.

"Hold her still." Sarah demanded as she reached inside the pig, "I can feel it, it's fighting to get out. Tough little bastard."

"I said hold her!" Sarah shouted as the pig managed to wriggle free.

"I'm going to check on, the sheets." Mary announced, wanting to leave the smell of blood behind. She stepped out of the hut, wiping her hands on her apron as she walked towards the bucket, full of sheets. Mary had stepped up to the mother position of the Fier household when her and her siblings mother had passed. She tended to the cooking, cleaning and washing their clothes.

Even though Sarah was the oldest of the Fier siblings, Mary was the most mature.

Mary walked in as her father and sister were speaking.

"I worry about you. Is it so wrong for a father to wish his daughter to wed?" Their father as Mary placed a basket full of sheets on the table.

"I worry that I'm the only one in this household trying to keep it kept together." Mary snapped as she took the sheets out of the basket.

Sarah shook her head at her younger sister, before she left the cottage to go see Solomon.

Sarah made her way through the small dwelling, passing by her friends.

"A full moon rises before nightfall." Sarah spoke, as Lizzie moved towards her.

"A good night to enjoy the fruits of the land." Lizzie replied as she lifted up the cloth over the basket.

With that, Sarah continued to walk through the village passing by her friends repeating the message.

"Pastor Miller, blind as a bat! Pastor Miller, blind as bat! Tried to read the bible and his eyes went splat!" Constance and Anne sang as they stood in the middle of the circle of local children. The local children ducked down at the last part as the two older girls, remained stood up.

"Oh, but I see you. I've got eyes in the back of my head!" Pastor Miller shouted as he spun round, scaring the children.

Constance and Anne shared a smile as their older sister's grabbed their arms.

"Don't be a brat, Constance!" Abigail scolded as she pulled her sister away from the Pastor as Agnes pulled hers away too.

"Don't be a shrew, Abigail." Constance spoke back as Agnes and Anne shared a look.

"Sarah!" Abigail exclaimed as she walked closer to the girl.

"A full moon rises before nightfall." She quickly spoke, as Agnes remained silent. She wouldn't be going to the woods at night, instead she'd spend her time doing other things.

"A good night to enjoy the fruits of the land." Sarah whispered back, as Constance got excited.

"I'm coming too! So, is Anne!" Constance exclaimed as Anne nodded.

"No, you're not and I'm sure Anne isn't either." Abigail firmly spoke.

"I want to dance in the moonlight." Anne dreamily spoke, as Agnes shook her head.

"Mother would 'ave my head if I let you go." Agnes sighed as she pulled her sister away.

"Oh, wouldn't it be worth your head?" Anne asked in a teasing tone as Agnes pulled her along.

"Hurry along and go play with, Constance. And not a word of tonight, you hear me, Anne!" Agnes shouted as Anne skipped away, holding up her skirts as she did.

Agnes shook her head and walked towards Sarah to ask her about tonight in the woods as Mad Tommy fell out of his box.

"I can see a secret about you, girl." Mad Tommy spoke to Sarah as Agnes joined her side.

"And a good day to you, Thomas." Sarah calmly replied, as Agnes glared at Thomas.

Sarah attempted to walk away but Thomas pushed her back.

"Don't you want to hear it? Pretty girl? Good girl? I can see all the dark secrets in Union." He taunted as Agnes cleared her throat.

"Oh, terribly sorry you must pardon me. I've been feeling a bit unwell lately." Agnes apologised as Sarah managed to slip away as Thomas's attention to turned to her.

"Be still, Thomas." She whispered as Thomas walked towards her.

"As for you, Agnes Rosier, I see wanting and lust. And a wanting for tonight to come quicker." Thomas whispered as Agnes tried to move away from him.

"Wanting to get away from you, then indeed." Agnes smiled, before she walked away from him.

Thomas smirked to himself as he watched the woman walk away, until he was whacked over the head by his sister.

"Must you be so rude to every person that walks past you." Katherine Slater scolded as her brother walked away from her.

"I'm telling them what I see." Thomas replied as Katherine lifted up her skirts as she tried to keep up with him.

"Well then, dear brother. What do you see in me?" She asked him as she managed to stand in front of him.

"Hard to tell." Thomas answered before he walked away, laughing to himself. Katherine sighed and walked away heading back to the cottage to prepare supper.

 Katherine sighed and walked away heading back to the cottage to prepare supper