𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶

Valerie Fier was sat on her roof, a yellow tank top underneath her flannel

Valerie Fier was sat on her roof, a yellow tank top underneath her flannel. She was staring up at the moon like her and Heather used to.

They always sat on the roof together, drinking whatever alcohol they could get their hands on. Joking about life together. Loving each other. Planning out their life together.

Heather and Valerie always used to share a cupcake, smudging the icing on each other's noses. Licking the icing off each other's nose leading to them making out on the roof underneath the moon.

Now Valerie was lay under the moon. Alone. She stared up into the sky, a single tear slipping down her cheek.

She quickly wiped it away as she continued to stare at the moon. Maybe Heather was near the moon, she always wanted to go the moon.

"I miss you." Valerie whispered, after a few seconds of silence Valerie let out a loud laugh into the darkness. People were probably looking out the windows, shaking their heads tutting to themselves saying 'Oh it's that Fier again.'.

"I'm talking to the damn moon." She chuckled, as she looked down at the ring Heather had made her for her sixteenth birthday. She raised the ring to her lips, planting a kiss on it as she continued
to look up the moon.

"Let me guess you're talking to the damn moon again." Heather's voice spoke in her ear as Valerie turned to her left to see her fourteen year old self and Heather sat together on the roof.

"Well, I find it calming." Valerie told her and Heather sent her a smile. She had only seen Valerie in the daylight but she looked just as stunning in the moonlight.

"You look gorgeous." Heather whispered, causing Valerie to turn her head towards her and brush furiously.

"I- Well- You're so pretty too, and gorgeous. Oh- and I-" Valerie stuttered as Heather let out a laugh. Valerie smiled at the way Heather threw back her head a little when she laughed. She also showed most of her perfect teeth when she did.

"I can't believe that you can't speak to me, yet you can sing in-front of an auditorium." Heather sighed, as Valerie continued to stare at her.

"You gave me courage to do so." Valerie told her and Heather met her eyes.

"That's a really nice thing to say." Heather blushed and Valerie smiled at her.

"Well, I find you to be a very nice person in general and to be around." She complimented and Heather continued to blush. She was now fully red in the face.

"I- No one has ever complimented me so much. It feels weird." Heather frowned and Valerie frowned inside for making Heather do so.

"Hey, don't frown. I wanna see more of your pretty smile." Valerie charmed, causing Heather to let out another laugh.

A comfortable silence settled between the two, until they both turned towards each other.

"I like you." The two girls blurred out at once, only to be both met with silence afterwards. The two then burst out laughing, as they both moved towards each other.