17

Sunday was supposed to be a lazy day.

A little girl had lazed around on the couch right as soon as she woke up. However, the mansion's occupants all already knew not to disturb the young miss as today was Sunday. Her day went well; she woke up, took a shower, ate her daily ice cream as her breakfast, and was currently doing a movie marathon. Nothing was out of order and she was happy, at least, until the doorbell rang.

Penelope was never one to open the door, however, she suddenly got the urge to open said doors, so she did, brushing off the maid on the way saying that she would be the one who did it. The girl should have known that her day went well, a little too well, that it was suspicious.

"Good morning, are Mr. Lucifer and Ms. Penelope von Eden home?" A police officer with a smug smile greeted.

"I'm Penelope. Why are you here?"

The police officer gestured to someone behind him to walk up and what she saw almost made her want to slam the door on their faces.

Penelope was speechless.

In this sort of situation, what should she do? Should she find her dad? Her dad probably knew what to do, no? Standing before her was none other than Little Perseus Jackson. What was he even doing here?

"As of today, Perseus Jackson will be staying here." The smug officer announced.

What?

Letting out her inner devil, Penelope glared hard that she could see the two figures flinched. "Do you think we are a hotel? Why is her here?" The girl then glanced towards the little boy, her glare was very apparent, "Is mother dearest finally abandoned you?"

That was uncalled for and a very hurtful thing to say, however, Penelope was done trying to associate herself with her own blood family to be drove off over and over again. Now that the tide had changed, she wanted to drive them off. It was her payback.

"May we speak to Mr. Lucifer, Miss?" Another police officer asked as she walked to the porch.

Penelope glared harder, "What even made you think that we would be willing to accept him to live with us when you announced that he will stay here as of today?"

Penelope was very mean, but she thought that her words were justified. After being abandoned ever since she was born, the girl had it hard in life. Penelope had been doing everything she could to survive even though she had to kill people and lived on the streets. It was her time to be happy, but of course, someone would have to ruin it for her.

Meeting her twin brother at school was kind of to be expected as she knew that Percy was eventually went to Goode High School, what stopped him to go to the elementary version? However, being close to him was her choice. The girl had thought that maybe after learning the truth, the twins would be close, but no, he called her a liar. After that, Perseus even had the audacity to avoid her like she was a virus.

Now, out of all people that he called friends, why would he come here? It irked and pissed Penelope off even though she knew that the boy must have had his reason to even come there. Now, what could be his reason?

Has Sally finally married Gabe?

Or is she finally dead?

The lady officer walked closer to the girl, her stare strict as she tried to intimidate the little girl. Unfortunately for her, the little beauty was an assassin and could kill her in a blink of an eye. Penelope scoffed as the officer's attempt to intimidate her, that was a big fat fail.

"May we speak to Mr. Lucifer?" The officer attempted again, slightly coming closer to the girl.

"No." The girl did not even take a step back as she answered.