16

Water evaporated into gas which then got condensed into one another and turned into a cloud. So, theoretically, turning water into mist was not such a farfetched idea and if Penelope had enough practice, she eventually could do it. The girl had succeeded turning water into ice, why could she not try to turn it into mist?

Now, human body consisted of roughly 60% of water.

What if Penelope could turn the water into mist and somehow evaporate all of the water inside the body?

Penelope first had that crazy idea suddenly popped inside her mind during lunch months ago, and the girl had been going into the torture chamber almost every day after school. Practicing and cursing hard to test her idea. Truth be told, the crazy idea was not really crazy, no?

The first few weeks, Penelope had to be patient as she concentrated hard in front of tied prisoners. It was quite a sight. One small girl, squinting every now and then before bursting out in anger, sitting in front of bloody and bruised prisoners who would mock the girl every time she cursed. At the end of the day, the girl was furious as she could not grasp the way how water evaporated and would lash out to the poor prisoners, killing them all.

The days after that, Penelope would be seen dazing out while watching her water bottle. In school, the girl did not even put any effort to put up with her miss perfect persona as she stared the water bottle intently. One time, Penelope was so pent up with her failure to turn water into mist that she threw away her water bottle out from the window. After that, the girl was scolded hard by the teacher as she glared down to her water bottle, disregarding her teacher.

However, the girl did not give up entirely on the idea. Even though she did try to change up her practice; she would try to evaporate a small amount instead of the whole water bottle, and even though he did need to try several times, she eventually did it. Then, she would increase the amount of water she would test bit by bit.

Right now, after five infuriating months, the girl had finally managed to evaporate the water inside one of the prisoners. Her first success, it tasted great. Penelope cheered hard, the girl could not help but to tear up as she laughed out loud. Hard work did pay off, correct?

Examining the corpse, she almost wanted to kiss it to say her gratitude for cooperating with her experiment. Even though the corpse looked very much hideous, it did help her reaching her goal. Now then, the girl only needed to have several practice sessions with the other prisoners, no?

However, it seemed that the girl did not notice the time. As Penelope walked towards another cell filled with scrawny looking men, Mark barged inside the torture chamber with an impatient look on his face. The girl cocked her brow as he stood in front of her.

"Hello, brother." Penelope smiled. "Do you need anything?"

"Do you know what time is it?"

Tilting her head, "Is it lunch time already?"

What she did not expect was Mark gaped at her before chuckling. "Oh my god, so that's why you didn't even come up."

"What?"

"Pennie, how hard have you been practicing?"

Beaming, she grabbed her brother's wrist and dragged her to the former cell. She pointed towards the corpse lying near the door cell, "I succeeded, Mark!"

If Mark were disgusted, he did not show it. Instead, he turned towards his sister before engulfing her in a tight hug, "Good job!"

Yes, Penelope had finally shared her origin with her brother after Penelope had accidentally lashed out and showed out her water power. Mark, being the best brother that he was, gave her a huge hug and praised her all over before cursing Poseidon for being the worst dad ever. The duo was becoming even closer than before, it was insane.