29

The camp was buzzing with excitement the entire day. There was a prophecy and there was also a party. Two big events in one day? Wonderful.

Besides, who did not like a party–a place where one could run loose with the alcohol and food, after a month of torture? Besides, Dionysus' special wine would be served. Even Chiron was excited about the party.

Penelope was all dressed up with her long-floored dress, completed with gold accessories and some expensive heels, looking much more beautiful than she already was. She could not help but also feel a little giddy to attend a party. After all, in her previous life, even though very exhausting and annoying, parties were still great and she missed the feeling of being able to let loose. Though she was not sure about the whole alcohol since they were all underaged, not that she would deny it if she was offered, she loved alcohol.

The young demigoddess was waiting in front of the big house together with Perseus and Annabeth, who were both looking chaotically good, if that made sense. Percy was wearing a suit – something she never thought would happen–with his pantoffle, shirt, and tie gone. In its places were the camp's tee and some sneakers she had seen him wearing for a few months. While Annabeth was wearing some summer dress with a pair of sandals?

They did look great, but were they really going to wear those to a party? Penelope wanted to judge them real hard and forced them to change but decided to just mind her own business. It was not her problem. Shaking her head a little, Penelope waited for the rest to come.

With no distraction, her mind drifted back to the unexpected event at breakfast. The prophecy. It was pleasant to know that there was at least something that was unchanging from the original book. But, it was making her a tad bit uncomfortable with the fact that the story had never been stuck to the original plot since the beginning.

Moreover, with the knowledge she acquired from talking with the primordial god when she finished the labyrinth, she was eighty percent sure that someone would include her in the development of the main characters' powers and characters one way or another. Well, in a simpler word, she would, accidentally or purposely, be involved with the quest.

"What do you think of the prophecy from this morning?" The demigoddess could not stop herself from asking her twin and friend. She did not really want to hear their responses but needed to talk to someone over it so that she could at least let the burden go.

Percy was surprised but his face quickly morphed into giddiness as he began to ramble, "I think it's great, both the riddle and the adventure. I mean, it's been my dream to have a prophecy made for me as soon as I learn about it-" What a fitting answer for the main character. "-and to go on an adventure to save the world. It will be like those superheroes where we defeat the bad guys, must be awesome, no? But, of course, it will be a little concerning if children like us were the ones to go since we're still new to the demigods' lives and that we're still unable to control our power as will-"

Annabeth blinked once she noticed that Percy would not stop talking anytime soon. So, she intervened, "Okay, we get it. You want to save the world and be a superhero."

Percy pouted but grinned back when he turned to his twin, "Well, you get what I mean, right?"

Penelope nodded before she turned to Annabeth, expecting an answer. Annabeth sighed before nodding along, "I also think it's a great opportunity for whoever it's made for. I do want to go to this one's prophecy though since I think I'll do great. I mean, I know all my life that I'm a demigod and that I've been preparing myself for one. I think it will be great it's for me. I hope it's for me. What about you, though?"

Penelope shrugged, "I hope it's not for me and that I can go home early. I really miss my dad and Mark."

Perseus snorted, "Typical."