37

"Holy motherfucker!" Penelope muttered as she turned around, her heart pounded heavily inside her ribs as she was very much surprised since she did not feel any presence behind her. She did not lower her guard ever since the start of the journey, even when she slept, therefore imagine her surprise when she realized that some people actually managed to hide their presence from her.

However, even though she was very much surprised, her mind and body reacted instinctively by spreading ice throwing stars around her and the pup, protecting them.

"Oh! My bad," A woman's voice sounded from behind her–which meant that the voice was actually in front of Penelope before she turned around. However, how did that possible? Penelope could swear she heard the voice from behind her, that was the only reason she turned around. Though before Penelope could even say anything, the voice continued, "I didn't mean to surprise you, really. I don't even mean any harm."

Penelope turned around once again, this time coming face-to-face with a beautiful black haired lady. The lady wore a floor-length dark green dress and in her hand was... is that a flower crown..? What the actual fuck?

Then it clicked.

A lady inside the Underworld acting like she owned the place and a flower crown.

"You must be Lady Persephone...?" Penelope exclaimed, though it ended in a rather questionable tone.

The lady seemed to be amused as she giggled softly. Damn, she was way too beautiful. Her uncle Hades really scored with his woman.

"Yes, dear. I am Persephone, the Underworld's madam. I know you are Penelope, Poseidon's daughter. It is nice to meet you, dear." The lady who turned put to really be Persephone introduced herself.

WOW, THE UNDERWORLD'S MADAM, she said. Really, we love a powerful woman.

"It is nice to meet you too, Lady Persephone. My name is Penelope von Eden." and I am not Poseidon's daughter. Ew. It was very fortunate that Penelope could hold her tongue when she was supposed to.

Then, Penelope realized, did Persephone witness her trying to bribe Cerberus's kid to come home with her...?

HOW EMBARRASSING.

"Lady Persephone, I'm really sorry about bribing-" Penelope tried to apologize about the bribing but Persephone cut her off.

"No worries, dear. Truthfully, it was rather cute." Persephone giggled once again as her eyes widened, filled to the brim with amusement.

Penelope did not have to look in the mirror to know that her face turned tomato red.

"Now, now, are you not going to go in, dear?" Persephone asked again, changing the topic - or more like asking the real reason as to why she appeared there at the moment.

"Ah!" Penelope exclaimed, totally not forgetting the reason as to why she was there. Then, she continued; acting like a real noble lady with the politeness and elegance. "Then, please excuse me, my lady. It was nice talking to such a beautiful lady, I am hoping we can converse more in the future if the time allows."

"Yes, dear. It is indeed a very pleasure to meet you. Now, go on, I will take care of your pup." Persephone grinned.

Penelope's face which had turned to normal a few second before turned bright red the second the word your pup flew from Persephone's lips.

However, she still noted that Persephone seemed to not mind her taking the pup. Thus, she bowed lightly towards Persephone before turning around facing the pup which was still no-named.

"It seems like you're coming home with me, huh, Damon?"

"Damon, huh? Nice name." Persephone teased. "Then, dear Damon, behave well."