10

Around fourth period, Penelope finally noticed how a lot of people had come up to her and greeted her whenever the raven-haired girl walked down the hallways trying to get to her classes. Confused but still kept on with the acting, Penelope smiled and greeted them back. It was only until lunch came when Penelope understood what was happening.

As soon as the lunch break came, some of her classmates came up to her and offered her to eat with them. Penelope had never wanted to run away before, but she wanted to now. The girl politely declined the offers and explained that she had already promised Mark that they would eat together, not caring whether the classmates knew who Mark was.

It was her fifth rejection that she heard the door burst opened and Mark came inside the class, grinning. "Princess, let's go."

Penelope giggled as she sent an apologetic smile to her classmates before turning to the older guy, nodded shyly. Mark, understood of the situation, quickly threw an arm around her shoulder and said to the rest of the younger students, "Sorry guys, but she promised to eat with me today."

The duo walked a little bit further away from the classroom before burst out laughing.

"I shouldn't have accepted the bet." The girl pouted. Penelope began to complain as soon as the both had calmed down, but keeping her voice low as to not spill anything to the gossip hunger students.

They were trying to reach the canteen as fast as possible but some students kept on making the plan even longer than it had to be. Penelope smiled and waved her hand as she passed some students who greeted her. Mark could not help but to chuckle as Penelope sent a signal to his eyes which screamed 'Drag me away from here!' Somehow, Mark had managed to pull her away from the ever-friendly students and the two arrived safely to the canteen.

Mark smirked, he too keeping his voice down, "I know this was going to happen, that's why I even suggested it in the first place." The two did not notice how the other students stared at them as they walked towards the line to grab their food.

"Do you know how much lunch offers I had received today? Five times and it's only the first day, what the hell?" Penelope whined as her hands began to flail around. She seemed too focus on her little complaining session to notice her surroundings. She continued, "it's exhausting and I still have my P.E lesson later."

"Already a popular girl now, are we?"

"Don't even start, you evil." Penelope pouted and Mark pulled her even closer in a side hug, chuckling.

Unknown to the two, Mark was actually also a very popular student, not that the boy ever noticed his influence. However, because of his cold and distant personality, no one was able to get close to the handsome boy. Imagine their surprise when the so-called Ice Prince walked inside the canteen with the new transfer student who was slowly gaining her own reputation as the Miss Perfect.

A smart, beautiful, and kind girl who always had a smile on her face.

Miss Perfect.

Penelope had hoped that the students would leave the two alone as they grabbed their food, trying to find an empty table in the room full of students. The girl grinned as she spotted one table far away from the other students, right in the corner of the room. Penelope sat at the empty table with Mark sat opposite of her and looked around.

"The good girl can't curse, can she?" Penelope asked, taking a bite of her spaghetti. It did taste a little weird but nothing she could not handle. Mark took a bite of his pizza before hummed, nodding his head.

"Of course not, Miss Good Girl."

Penelope groaned, "I really shouldn't have accepted the bet."

"It's only a month, Pennie. Surely you can do it."