19

A lot had changed and Penelope had never felt this peaceful.

It had been a year after Penelope had come to the term that no good thing would happen if she were on bad terms with the main character. Not that their relationship deepened or anything. Penelope kept her distance as she regarded him as the main character rather than her twin brother.

The girl did not need another person to be put on the list of people she would die to save.

Fortunately for her, Lucifer seemed to not want to adopt the boy either. Rather, the man decided to explain their line of work and if the boy wanted to keep living there, he better worked as well. It also seemed like a good point for her as Perseus somehow already had and could control his power, though not as expert as she was.

Perseus sometimes also helped with her missions to lessen the burden, Lucifer said, even though she did not really need him in the first place.

Penelope cackled as she stepped inside the cell. The scene before her was somehow hilarious as it was pitiful. A big, bloody, and body full of scar was hanged like a rag doll in the centre of the dark and bloody rectangular room. He was, unfortunately, stripped from his clothes but fortunately, kept on his boxer or at least Penelope would burst. The image of a middle-aged man naked was not something Penelope wanted or needed to see.

The girl was ordered to interrogate as it was her specialty. However, it did not mean that she would let go of her source of entertainment and experiment that easy. Penelope walked towards a table full of weapons and picked up a thin but long dagger. It was an unfamiliar thing for her as she usually used her powers or her usual daggers to torture, but she wanted to experiment something.

Penelope grinned as she stood before the man, dagger in hand. "Do you like sashimi?"

The man was obviously caught off guard as he gaped at the now eleven years old girl. What was she thinking was probably running through his mind. Penelope's grin widened as she heard his answer. A simple yes, it sounded simple, but as a trained interrogator as well as a master assassin, Penelope caught on the hidden Russian accent which was masked with his American ones.

A Russian.

Should be fun.

"And I won't talk, so don't bother with whatever you are trying to do. It won't work." The man sneered as he tried to sound strong and powerful. It was almost pitiful to see how prideful he was.

"I don't want to interrogate you just yet, no worries." Penelope winked. "I have a lot of experiment to do."

"W-What?"

"Don't worry. It would be a long day for you." Penelope giggled as she situated her thin dagger near his collar blade.

Penelope was never a patient one, however, this experiment would definitely take a long time. The girl had anticipated that, but she was still beginning to be restless. Penelope had just skinned the man like how someone skinned a salmon to make a sashimi. It was still one fourth as she tried to be careful as to not accidentally kill the man.

It was not a secret that Penelope loved blood. The girl was probably a vampire if she were not a demigoddess. Her craving of blood was that much.

Penelope could not stop herself as she felt chills ran down her body for every time she sliced the skin off of the flesh and fat, separating the three. The anticipation she felt beginning to grow in the pit of her stomach also did not help her situation. Penelope observed how the blood splattered everywhere.

The man screamed and insulted her but every time he twitched or tried to move away, Penelope's knife would end up deeper than it should be and ended up showing up his bones. As she backed away, she could see how some parts, the flesh looked so smooth, it made her proud. While the other side, the flesh somehow managed to hang to the bones.