24

The girl did not know for how long she had rested, for the sky remained unchanging. Penelope steeled her heart as she took a deep breath, swirling around her favorite dual-wielding swords. The time had finally arrived when Penelope decided to enter the all so mysterious maze.

If she said that she was not nervous, she would be lying. The girl had not even the slightest idea of what could be inside the labyrinth. Besides, who to say that the maze was not a trap in the first place? It could be a teleportation place to send her straight to Tartarus, no?

Alas, Penelope gritted her teeth before stepping inside the suspicious labyrinth. The girl had put her guard up as she walked, trying to identify traps and everything harmful. Penelope frowned as she did not find anything for the last ten minutes.

Could the labyrinth be empty of traps and monsters?

But then, what was the labyrinth supposed to be?

Huffing, Penelope tightened her grasp on her swords before she walked on. At last, after walking for another twenty minutes without crossing against monsters and traps, Penelope met her first monster, or more likely a pack of monsters.

Harpies. Creatures with the faces of women. Penelope smirked as she watched how at least a hundred harpies flew straight at her at full speed. She should not have been nervous as killing harpies, even if there were a thousand, was such an easy task. The girl twirled her swords before she charged head-on. The harpies shrieked as they combined their forces together. Unlucky for them, it was easier for Penelope to kill them when they flocked together. The girl let out a burst of maniacal laughter as she tightened her grip on her dual swords before she made a big slash, cutting the harpies in halves.

Penelope grinned as she dodged a fuming harpy before she slashed it in half. Dodging and slashing everything around on her way, Penelope laughed even more as happiness grew on her. She was sure that it had not been that long when she killed someone or something, but it sure felt like it was a long time ago. The tingling sense every time she killed something or someone, she could feel it once again. It was such an addicting feeling as she continued to slash and cut the harpies.

Her killer instinct grew stronger together with the growing number of harpies she had killed. Penelope hissed a little when one of the harpies bit her arm. The girl was pissed that she even let one of those horrendous monsters landed an attack on her. How lame, Pennie. The girl shook her head before she chucked it down and stabbed it right at the throat. Alas, there were approximately only five harpies left. However, before Penelope could kill all of them, another herd of Cyclopes shouted before they, too, charged at the girl.

Penelope blinked as she realized that the monsters would keep on coming and would not let her take a break. The giants were roaring and growling as they charged at her. How troublesome. Rolling her eyes, the girl decided to keep it fast. If there were thousands and thousands of monsters, it would be best if she could kill them all at once and rest later, no? Sweats began to form as she slashed the monsters one by one. Penelope could not lie and said that she was not tired because she was. She was very exhausted. However, her murderer side kept her on her toes as she twirled her swords around, killing everything that was on her way.

The horrendous-looking cyclopes let out menacing growls as they were raging red. Penelope could swear that she saw one of them let out a tear as he looked back to one of his 'brothers.' They did not stop their assaults as Penelope dodged and parried their attacks. The girl huffed out as she slid down, slashing one of the monsters on his legs, bringing him down before she jumped upon him and stabbed his heart. Penelope continued to jump around as the monsters flailed around their massive arms, trying to hit her dead. Penelope decided that it was time for her to play a bit dirty and used nature to her advantage.