32

The day had come for Penelope, Percy, Annabeth, and Grover to go. To be honest, she was dreading today to come but did she have a choice? No. Now, there was a saying by Jim Henson that if you could not beat them. Join them.

That was what Penelope would do.

Join and enjoy the adventure to the fullest. Who knew? Maybe she would get something unexpected in the middle of the journey, no?

The quartet was busy, re-checking their equipment and whatever they deemed useful when someone approached the son of Poseidon. Penelope, who was aware of her surrounding, was the first one to notice the blonde newcomer. To say she was surprised was an understatement. She was stunned.

Luke Castellan.

A rather tall and fit boy came walking towards them. He was– as expected– handsome, to say the least. Blonde hair, blue eyes, he was the perfect epitome of the stereotype of white people. His eyes met hers and he smiled, oh so charmingly. Unfortunately for him, Penelope knew what disaster he created, what a mess he made. So, even though she smiled back, she really wanted to throw him down to Tartarus.

Really, if he did not steal Zeus' lightning bolt, she would be at home right about now.

What a shame.

She meant, she knew that he had daddy issues, most of them had. But, he was the only one who would steal the king of the gods' weapon just to get back at his father. Who did that? Was he even sane? He really needed a therapist, it seemed.

"Hey, Perce." He greeted. Percy, who did not know anything his friend did, beamed as he threw himself towards the blonde boy. The latter chuckled as the two hugged. Penelope wanted to scowl so hard. The blonde boy had the audacity to be buddy-buddy with her twin brother when he was about to betray him. What a scary bastard.

"Luke! What are you doing here?" Percy grinned.

"I just want to give you these two things. I hope it can help you with the prophecy." Luke answered, shoving a shield and a pair of winged shoes towards the raven-haired boy. Luke also gave the black-haired boy his backpack as he said, "I also packed a little gift for you as well. Have a safe trip, Perce."

Penelope bit her lip. She really wanted to just snatch the backpack and give it to Zeus just so that she would not go on this adventure, but, she held it in. Really, he said hope it could help them? Have a safe trip? He must be joking, what a clown.

Though, the girl was a little intrigued to know what her twin brother would do when he found out his friend betrayed him.

Mean, she knew.

More so, Penelope knew that Percy would wear the shoes which would drag him down to Tartarus. She did not want to be a bitch, but she admitted, the sight would probably be amusing. Who would pass a good comedy, right? Besides, it could be her little revenge since he basically forced her to come.

Thus, she kept quiet.

The three children and one satyr left after a few farewells here and there. Penelope could not care less about the campers since she did not really have that many friends. Now, the quartet was sitting inside an empty bus–exclusive for demigods, probably, driving from the long island where the camp was located to the west since the prophecy told them that.

The journey was unexpectedly comfortable and safe, it was suspicious. However, she did expect it since ever since she was reincarnated, she only ever encountered a few monsters which did not even notice her in the first place. But, the demigoddess was still on her toes, heightening her senses. She did not want to die just because she let her guard down, it was not a good enough reason to die.