36

"Jesus Christ, finally!" Penelope cried out as soon as the four adventurers set eyes on the huge, black, and gloomy double door. Though actually huge was an understatement. We could not even see the top of the door. What bullshit–and, fuck that shit for reminding me of the cursed labyrinth-

It was obvious that the others also shared the same sentiment. They had been walking around, getting lost somewhere, beating around monsters that came to them, camping out, and did all sorts of things they never actually tried–and ate things that probably should never be eaten. They had even met skeletons, crossed a few rivers which Penelope could not care less about learning the names.

It was supposed to be an unforgettable moment in their epic adventure, but Penelope was not in her right mind and only could think of getting some rest.

They were dirty, exhausted, hungry, and actually only wanted to get to their own beds and sleep the day away.

Penelope began to feel herself becoming angrier the more she thought that she was in this stupid predicament because someone decided it was a good thing to fuck her up–read: Percy admitted that Penelope was stronger than any of them but like who cared about the real problem, right? In her eyes, what Percy did was basically threw her to the lion's den; and to think that she would almost let go of her long-time grudge.

Penelope sighed and shook her head, not wanting to think about the awful memory.

However, at least they were standing inside the what-so-called Underworld right now, were they not? Though, the journey to the place she stood at the moment was definitely not worth it at all. It was not pleasant at all. She also could not feel the joy she was supposed to feel after reaching the final point. The girl could only feel the relief from not having to follow Percy's horrid lead anymore–one more hour and she would totally go for the kill: Percy being the target, obviously.

Thinking about the latter, the girl threw a glance towards the boy. She could not hold down her upturned smirk as she saw him getting ready. He wore the cursed boots the betrayer gave him and Penelope definitely was not about to let the enjoyment she would witness go. Thinking about the few years she had to endure and suffer because of the little shit, it is all karma, little guy.

"So, like are y'all ready?" Penelope asked, "Because if you are, go ahead, I'm taking the back."

The other three looked around and to each other, not really minding her words since they got used to it after she rotated her position a few times based on her mood. They nodded after confirming that their comrades had done everything to prepare.

"I'm opening the door." Percy said as he pushed open the door.

As Penelope had predicted, as soon as the door opened, the boots Percy wore shuddered and forcefully pulled Percy inside–leaving the other two bewildered while Penelope was coughing to cover up her growing sneer. It was amusing to witness it herself. Just like how she imagined the scene, but made it twice funny with how he was almost dragged away. He looked ridiculous. It would be perfect if she could put it in a video; too bad she did not have any recorder or a camera.

Anyway, Penelope was not about to help the guy. Since he was the main character, he would survive somehow. Besides, his two loyal comrades were already running ahead trying to save his ass.

Penelope decided to take her time; conserving her energy as she walked down the aisle. She did not the inside of the Underworld to look like this. The black pillars and marbles looked better than she imagined – in the first place, she imagined underworld to look like hell; bubbling lava, cracked stepping stones, and a lot of screeching. Obviously, she did not imagine something sophisticated like modern day office with the additional of torches every few meters. Were they in the Underworld or were they in the uniquely set-up office? Moreover, the only screeching she heard was Percy's. That wimp.