Part-32

Bondita's face went pale and she gulped, as soon as she saw those four boys at her threshold, standing with their parents.

'Mar gyi!', she thought and her eyes roamed across the place, examining everyone's expressions. They stopped at Bela's horrified face, who was already looking back at her in fear. Bondita blinked at her, assuring her that she'll handle everything. But how will she? When she, herself was shocked at their arrival. After yesterday, she had thought that they must have learnt a lesson but no, she was wrong. Because, at the end of the day, it's impossible to straighten the bends of a dog's tail! Bondita sighed softly at the realization.

"Saaf-saaf batayiye, kya kehna chahti hain aap?" Anirudh asked cordially.

"Yahi, ki aapki patni ki itni himmat kaise hui?!", the lady replied rudely.

Anirudh was still confused about what exactly she meant. He turned around and saw Bondita, standing nervously behind him, while playing with her sarees pallu. Looking at her face, he was easily able to comprehend that she had certainly made some blunder.

"Kya kiya hai tumne Bondita?" he asked in a sober tone, which alerted Bondita.

"Arey ussey kya pooch rhe hain, hum batate hain!" another lady exclaimed, catching his eyes. "Ye dekhiye humare bachchon ko." she brought Ravi before him, who was, till now, peering at them from behind her back. He looked scared, or pretended to be scared, to be precise.

Jose and Eldad too came forward along with him.

"Look what your wife has done to my child!" Eldad's mother began to grumble. "Just look at his face, it's so pale. He has been crying continuously since he met her yesterday." she shifted her gaze from him, to Bondita, "What have you told him? What have you done to him?" she screamed at her.

Trilochan was fuming with anger. How could this angrezan dare to scream at his bahu?

"Bas!", he showed his palm which shushed her instantly. "Aap log hote kaun hai humari bahu par aarop lagane wale?"

"Kaka...Kaka aap shaant hojayiye. Ek baar unki baat sun lijiye." Anirudh interrupted.

Trilochan looked at him with disbelief.

"Arey tu apni Patni par bharosa na karke bahar walo par bharosa kar rha hai? Koyi bhi dusra aakar humari bahu ke baare mein kuch bhi kahega toh hum maan lenge kya?" he stood his ground.

"Toh main bhi kahan maan rha hoon Kaka? Par ye log jhooth bhi kyun kahenge? Inka ye sab kehne ke peeche kuch toh karan hoga na?"

Trilochan gritted his teeth at this and averted his gaze from him in frustration.

"Bondita", he directly approached her, "Kya ye jo bol rhe hain wo sach hai?" his voice was calm, yet serious, his eyes expecting to hear a no.

"Sach hai ye." her answer came quickly, shocking everybody.

"Ye kya keh rhi ho Bahu?" Trilochan was utterly stunned and disappointed at this revelation.

The four friends shared vicious smirks among themselves. They were here to take revenge on her.

"Lekin poora sach nhi." she completed her last sentence, confusing the already very confused souls.

"Kehna kya chahti ho Bondita?" Anirudh asked again, as he was losing his calm.

"Yahi, ki in logo ne ye toh bataya ki maine kya kiya, lekin maine aisa kyun kiya, ye inhone nhi bataya."

She walked up to the ladies and stopped in front of them.

"Kya aapko pata hai ki maine inse wo sab kyun kaha?" she asked and all of them nodded their heads in affirmation, which definitely came as a shocker for Bondita.