Part-2

"Kaka, ek baat puchu kya?" Bela asked Trilochan kaka, who was busy in chanting mantras in front of Dugga maa's idol.

Dugga Maa forbid, if someone disturbed Trilochan Roy Chowdhury during his early morning vprayers, they'll see the absolute wrath of the man. But that particular rule and many others, didn't matter to Trilochan kaka when it's Bela Roy Chowdhury doing it.

However, as he was in the middle of chanting a very, very crucial mantra, in his reply he just  showed his palm to her, indicating her to wait till he finishes his pooja.

She frowned at this but decided to wait as she had no other option rather than asking kaka about this as Anirudh had already refused to answer her and she knew better than to ask Binoy or Somnath anything regarding this matter.

       ___________________

Somewhere in a village in Bengal,

A young girl could be seen chasing a boy in the market.

"Aee ruk! Ekkbar paiya gele chadmu na ami! Ruk" She yelled while running after him.

While running, she bumped into many people and vegetable vendors who were walking by. She had no time to say sorry to them as the boy had snatched her purse.

Finally after running for a long time, she caught the boy as he tripped over a stone and fell on his rear.

"Kahan bhag rhe the, haan?" She said lifting him up from the ground.

"Yahan lao mera batua! Sharam nhi aati itni choti umar mein chori karte hue?" She said checking her purse for any missing stuff. She sighed in relief when she saw that the tiny idol of Durga maa was still intact.

"Chori nhi karun toh aur kya karun didi? Pet bharne ke liye toh ye karna he padta hai." The boy said looking at the ground. His reply leftvher quiet.

"Tum padhte ho?" She enquired after a small pause.

"Yahan khane ke liye paise nhi aur aap padhne ko keh rhe ho?" He said with teary eyes.

"Padhoge tabhi toh aage badhoge." She held his chin and wiped his tears. "Naam kya hai tumhara?" She asked.

"Nitin."

She smiled, and it lightened up her eyes with a million stars of a beautiful starry sky.

___________________

Kaka finished his pooja and was about to exit the mandir when Bela stopped him.

"Kaka meko aapse kuch puchna hai!" She said shaking one of his hands.

"Arey haan-haan beta zaroor lekin pehle tum ye prashad lelo." He said offering her ladoos.

She quickly took one and tucked it into her mouth.

He smiled at her puffed out face and asked her to talk to him in the mandir itself.

"Kaka meko aap boudi ke baare mein batayenge kya?" She asked with hope in her eyes to get her answers.

Kaka's eyes turned moist hearing this.

"Kaka aap ro rhe ho?" She asked when she noticed tears brimming up in his eyes.

"Arey ye kya keh rhi ho? Bhala zamindar kabhi rote hain kya?" He replied avoiding her gaze to hide his tears.

"Achcha? Zamindaron ki bhav- bhav- bhavnayen nhi hoti kya?" She said folding her arms.