Part-31

Warning : A hellishly lengthy content ahead !!!

Take your own leisure time to read it ♥

*◇*◆*◇*◆*◇*◆*◇*◆*◇*◆*

The sun woke and brought an usual morning along with it. As the day unrolled, everybody started with their customary toils. Trilochan, as his day starts off with the Durga Aarti, he entered the temple. But the aarti, as per usual, was completed by his bahu who already stood before the idol with folded hands. A smile of satisfaction and appreciation, touched his lips, as the slight doubt he had of whether she'll be able to deal normally with them again or not, faded away from his mind. Upon noticing her Kaka Sasur ji standing behind her, Bondita bent down and touched his feet. Having received his blessing, she offered him the aarti with a smile. Seeing her behave so normally even after yesterday's events, made Trilochan feel more guilty. Placing the aarti down, she tried to leave silently, but Trilochan stopped her.

"Kal ke liye hum tumse jitni maafi maange, utna kam hai Bahu." he apologized with his eyes down.

"Ksj (Kaka Sasur ji) aap kyun maafi maang rhe hain...main jaanti hoon kal jo bhi hua wo galat tha, par usme galti aapki nhi haalaton ki thi." she said compassionately.

"Nhi bahu. Galti humari hi thi. Hume kam se kam ek baar tumhari baat ko sunna chahiye tha. Magar hum toh..." he stopped abruptly. "Humne kaha tha ki tumne humara jo tumpar bharosa tha, usey tod diya..."

"Jo tha hi nhi wo kaise tootega." she interrupted and looked away, as a teardrop threatened to fall off her eyes.

Trilochan lowered his head as he understood the pain in her voice.

"Hu...humne toh tumhara bharosa tod diya na magar. Kal jo kuch bhi hua, humne, baaki sab ne jo tumhe bura-bhala kaha...Anirudh ne jo kuch bhi kiya, uske liye hum tumse kshama maangte hain." he tried to fold his hands but before he could, Bondita held it and kept it down.

"Aapko mujhse maafi maangne ki koyi zaroorat nhi hai Ksj. Aap bade hain mujhse. Achcha lagega kya, aapka mere saamne haath jodna?"

He smiled at her and wagged his head in denial.

He placed his hand on her head and spoke dejectedly, "Tumne humare parivaar ke liye kitna kuch kiya hai aaj tak. Aur dekho, badle mein humne tumhe kya diya...jhoothe ilzaam aur aansu."

"Iss parivaar ko uski khushi lautane ke badle mein maine kuch nhi maanga tha Ksj. Bas aap sabka bharosa chaha tha. Lekin shayad main aap sabka bharosa kabhi jeet hi nhi paayi."

Trilochan wanted to interrupt her, to tell her that she was wrong. She did win their trust but it was they who betrayed her. But what was the use? Sighing, he spoke again,

"Jo hua usey toh hum nhi badal sakte. Magar ek nayi shuruwat toh kar hi sakte hain na?"

Bondita looked at him in confusion.

"Aaj, hum, Trilochan Roy Choudhary tumhe khud vachan dete hain ki aaj ke baad agar aisa kuch bhi hua...toh sabse pehle tumhara paksh suna jaayega. Jald baazi mein hum koyi faisla nhi lenge. Aur sabse zaroori baat, aaj ke baad hum kabhi aisa kuch hone hi nhi denge. Tum Bahu ho humari, hum tumpar kabhi koyi sawal uthne hi nhi denge." he promised solemnly.

Bondita smiled at his words.

"Mujhe vishvaas hai aap par, Ksj."

*◆*◇*◆*◇*◆*

Everybody was on the breakfast table, having their breakfast, while Bondita served all of them, along with Koyali who helped her. The smile on her lips was constant and that left the family in awe of her. Although Bondita seemed normal, still she wasn't, as she hadn't forgotten about yesterday's happenings. The wounds were still fresh in her heart but bandaging them with a plastic smile on her face, she pretended to be fine, which no-one in the family failed to notice. And it did increase the guilt in their hearts.