Part-12

"Bondita!" Sumati knocked the door and called her name. "Darwaza khol meri bachchi."

Bondita was sitting near the window and gazing out, she wiped her tears as soon as she heard Sumati's voice and went to open the door.

"Tu khush toh hai na?" Sumati asked instantly as the door opened.

Bondita gave her a subtle smile and replied, "Tu yhi chahti hai na maa?" Sumati nodded her head slightly in a yes. "Toh main khush hoon." She said and hugged her. Sumati patted her back, both had their eyes closed. She never wanted to force her daughter but she knew that if she won't do anything now, Bondita would never agree to marry anyone. She knew her daughter's revolutionary mind and her strong desire to dedicate her life to her country's progress. She very well knew about her selfless nature. Being a mother, she thought that it was her duty to ensure her child's bright future. She wanted someone who could protect her and give her all the happiness that she deserved. Someone who would stand by her side and love her till the eternity. But she was unaware of the evil intentions of the family whom she had decided to give her daughter to. Whereas Bondita never really wanted this marriage, she wanted to pursue her dreams first but she couldn't break her mother's heart too. Sumati had beheld many dreams about her dearest daughter's marriage. After the loss of her father, her mother had meant the world for her. Bondita could tolerate anything but not the tears in her mother's eyes and that too because of her. She agreed to this marriage only to see her mother happy.

__________________

There was one more soul in the house who was unhappy with this marriage, Sampoorna. She sat in the mandir with folded hands. Tears dripped from her eyes as she confessed about her feelings before Durga maa's idol.

"Mere saath he aisa kyun maa? Meri kismat mein he saare dukh kyun? Jisse shadi hui wo pyaar nhi karta tha aur abb jisse mujhe pyaar hua, wo meri behen ka hone wala...Nhi Sampoorna, aisa sochna bhi tere liye paap hai." She seemed as if she came out of a trance and immediately wiped her tears.

"Bondita ne tere liye itna kuch kiya aur tu, tune badle mein usee ye sila diya? Uske hone wale pati se pya...chi! Thu hai tujhpe! Sharam nhi aayi tujhe?" She sobbed and slapped herself several times.

How could she do this? But wait, was it her fault? Love is love, it just happens, you can't always have a control over your feelings, the thing that matters is how you deal with them. Sampoorna knew her feelings were wrong and thought of suppressing them for her sister's happiness. She wiped off her tears, plastered a fake smile on her face and went out to face whatever fate had in store for her.

___________________ __________________

Raghuvansh stopped his laughter and made a straight face. "Roy Choudharyon se toh purana hisab chukta karna hai." He said and gave a wicked smirk.

"Aee!" He called a man from the trio.

"Sunn, jis ladki ne tujhe aur tere aadmiyon ko peeta..." He laughed again.

"Aa-thu! Mardon ke jaat par kalank ho tumlog!" He taunted them, while they stood there with their heads inclined.

"Toh hum keh rhe the ki uss ladki ka pata lagao, hume uski puri kundli chahiye. Zara hum bhi toh uski bahaduri dekhe." He smiled wickedly and twirled his moustache.

___________________ __________________

"Arey Saurav tum, andar aao na." Anirudh invited Saurav in his study as soon as he saw him standing at the door but hesitating to enter.

"Tum wahan kyun khade the?" He asked as he approached nearer.

"Chote malik wo..."

"Saurav bhaiya!" Bela exclaimed as she saw Saurav. She came running and Saurav lifted her in his arms.