Chapter 18: If Anything Happens, I Love You

Pairings: Aaron Hotchner x fem!Reader

Characters: Aaron Hotchner, Emily Prentiss, David Rossi, Jennifer "JJ" Jareau, Derek Morgan, Penelope Garcia, Spencer Reid, Kate Joyner, Will La Montange

Words: 5K

Summary: Following a concerning call from Chief Strauss the BAU is instructed to go to New York City and your first case goes off to a rocky start 

Warnings: swearing? some arguing, let's just say it plain they're idiots who can't communicate

--

"To (Y/N)! The newest addition of the BAU team, may you help us cut through more red tape than ever before," Rossi lifted his glass and clinked it with yours then moving on to the rest of the guests he had invited, essentially the rest of their team at the BAU.

"Don't tell Stauss that, she thinks I'm here to keep you in line," you laughed before sipping deeply from your glass.

"What's going to happen when she finds out you're worse than him?" Emily asked, pointing to Aaron with her elbow.

"Eh, she can't fire me without good reason and I won't give her one... that she can see,"

"That's our girl," Morgan patted your back and you gave them all a big smile.

It had been a while since you had been surrounded by a good group of people, it felt nice to finally be able to let loose a bit, know that you had people who had your back and were there to support you. And no doubt you would get to know them all better than you had in the past little while because you were now colleagues.

"You know, I feel like I should thank you guys," you said, looking at the group in front of you.

"For saving your ass?" Rossi asked.

"No for dinner," you said sarcastically. "Yes, for saving my ass! God, I thought you guys were profilers,"

"I see the sass is still there," JJ grinned and you gave her a cheeky smile with a shrug.

"Just happy I'm not at the tail end of it for once," Aaron mumbled into his glass earning him a nice elbow to the gut.

"You're gonna be at the tail end of it for a while if I have anything to do with it," you teased and they all laughed.

"Yeah, so when is the wedding?" Rossi asked.

"Wedding? Come on guys," Aaron tried to divert the topic to relieve you of any discomfort.

"You saying you don't wanna marry me Hotchner?" you joked and he sent you a look as if to say,

Really? You know I'm gonna marry you the second I get the chance

"I've already planned the guest list and the menu, don't worry I didn't invite anyone from Manassas except your mom," he looked at Aaron. "And your family,"

"How do you survive this every single day?" you asked your boyfriend leaning back into his arm and he gave you a squeeze.

"I think the question you should be asking yourself is how are you going to survive this every single day?" he poked and you groaned.

"So if there's no wedding to look forward to in the foreseeable future what are you givin' us?" Derek asked and you and Aaron shared a look before both shrugging and simply keeping your mouths shut.

"You two are in cahoots, I know it," JJ pointed at the both of you.

"Well I mean," you gave her a look before turning your glance to Aaron who still had his arm around you. "Depends on what type of cahoots you mean,"