Chapter 17: You and Me Will Be Always

Pairings: Aaron Hotchner x fem!Reader

Characters: Aaron Hotchner, Emily Prentiss, Jack Hotchner

Words: 4.1K

Summary: A coffee date with Emily and a playdate with Jack make for a pretty eventful week

Warnings: swears? allusions to sex

--

Walking into the coffee shop your nerves betrayed you as you whipped your head around looking for the familiar face you were supposed to meet there.

"(Y/N), over here," you could hear Emily's voice as she waved you down to the table she had picked for you both.

There were already two menus in front of her and she had a mug of steaming hot coffee in her hands.

"Oh thank goodness, I thought I was in the wrong place," you admitted.

"This is my go-to spot so if I'm not at home or in the office you know where to find me," she chuckled. "How are you doing?"

"Alright," you let out a breath and sat down across from her. "Things are getting busier, but a good kind of busy,"

"That's great, I'm happy things are looking up," she smiled. "Well, if I remember correctly I was promised some details on a first date," she leaned in a little further into the table while you glanced at the menu.

"Oh right!" you nodded, placing the menu back down. It felt like something you would be dishing about with Caroline if she was here, and the way Emily brought it up reminded you so much of her, it made you happy that you would have people to keep her memory alive whether they knew it or not.

"So he took you out for hot dogs?"

"Yes, but it was because of something I said ages ago, somehow he remembered and well that's how I know where to get the best hot dogs in D.C." you shook your head.

"I never really saw Hotch as a sentimental one," Emily admitted. "I don't know he's definitely different at work,"

"I wouldn't doubt it, he's good at that, separating things," you nodded.

"Except for when it comes to you. Man, he was all over the place,"

"I'm flattered?" you chuckled and she shook her head.

A waitress came by to take your order and you played it safe getting one of your favourite breakfast foods and a latte.

"So was that it? The date I mean, did he take you anywhere else?"

"We walked by the tidal basin," you added. "The cherry blossoms were just gorgeous,"

"I can imagine they're always a sight to see this time of year," she nodded.

"Well enough about me for now," you waved your hand dismissively. "I feel like you know everything about me and I know nothing about you," you laughed.

"You know enough about work so I can skip that," she noted. "I've got a cat," she laughed. "His name's Sergio, best companion I've ever had, hands down,"

"What about hobbies, do you do much outside of work?" you asked.

"I like to read a lot, not as much as Spencer, but I'm a bit of a nerd,"

"I read a lot after I got out of college, it wasn't really my thing before that but I developed a taste for it before I could afford a good TV," you chuckled lightly.

"How about you? I'm assuming you also don't just work cases 24/7,"

"I was a swimmer growing up, so I try to go and do laps at one of the pools at least once a week," you explained. "It was the one sport I did competitively, while Aaron was making me look bad playing hockey and baseball and doing student council and don't even get me started on how obsessed he was with the debate team,"